Hi guys,

I have made some mods to my shard which prevent people who are not house friends from marking runes in, recalling into or casting gate into house courtyards. This is currently working fine.

I now need to bounce people who walk into a gate which a house friend has opened into a courtyard if the person stepping into the gate is not a house friend. I'm currently thinking I will dump them under the house sign but I may just make the gate not function for them. With the other spells, for example, I chuck them a clilloc which says something like "you can't use that as you are not a friend of the house".

Where is this code please that triggers when you walk into a cast gate? I can't find it in the relevant spells or spellhelper.cs

Thanks so much

David

It might actually be in the house region. Where you would add the trigger to bounce anyone who enters the region that is not a friend.

Hmm good point. I think in ML era or thereabouts, it stops people setting foot on the house anywhere so maybe I should look at that.

I'm currently looking in moongate.cs though at UseGate which looks like a candidate. Trouble is I think I have consumed too much Rioja for this to be viable tonight ;-)

David

That sounds like it will be a VERY complex edit. If you gate from a private house to say the bank, and a player walks in from bank it auto ejects them. Just need to look at that code. I am guessing would be in the regions for houses though. Have not actually looked too deep into it! Just trying to help by offering a few ideas.

Rather than auto eject you could check the target location of the gate and disallow the player from entering if the target location is in a house region which the player is not at least friended to.

CheckGate or UseGate would be the right place to do it.

It's not complex actually, once you figure out you are looking for a HouseRegion and not a Multi. When I started this idea about a year ago I was trying to figure out the way to locate a courtyard in a Multi, but of course that is completely unnecessary.

Thanks Jack. I put it in UseGate so it will hopefully deal with MoonstoneGates too in case someone ever gets hold of some Moonstones. My CheckCourtyard method is in SpellHelper.cs so I can call it from the recall, mark and gate spells and now Moongate.cs

As Tasanar points out you can brazenly cast a gate from inside any house to a bank and nobody can walk into it. I'd only really been thinking about it from the other angle of casting a gate into a courtyard! Duh! :)

Oh and I had better check pets can follow you through too...

I may add party members to be allowed too.

Thanks for the help

David

Back