Should Karma be -11977 from Necro? Went to an ank and did that and killed sever mobs but it didn't move.

Sorry to keep bothering you. One last question. I know on UOGuide it says killing monsters will bring good karma such as an Ice Fiend. I haved killed a few with a player characyer and my Karma stays at 0. Any Idea why it doesn't gain and how to fix it?

You may need to unlock your karma again. Each time it goes negative, it will have to be unlocked to go up again.

At zero karma, killing almost any mob should result in a gain.

First off, i'm using Lands Of Archon repo. Went to an ank locked then unlocked, killed, killed, killed mobs, and turned in BODs & tamed animals. Still the Karma doesn't move. Apparently there's a script that controls this and Karma Gain will need to be added in... hmm... Gotta research my scripts for "Karma Gains" I guess????
Post automatically merged:

First off, i'm using Lands Of Archon repo. Went to an ank locked then unlocked, killed, killed, killed mobs, and turned in BODs & tamed animals. Still the Karma doesn't move. Apparently there's a script that controls this and Karma Gain will need to be added in... hmm... Gotta research my scripts for "Karma Gains" I guess????
I forgot to say which repo i'm using, just wanted to say.

Last edited:
Fame and karma awards are done in basecreature. See the "if (GivesFameAndKarmaAward)" for details.

Btw, are you getting fame? If not, there's a larger issue happening somewhere.

I have the Archon files and the only mobs in the whole server that don't award fame / karma are the revamped Covetous and Despise mobs.

Nope, no fame gains either. I searched basecreature and found the code:
public virtual bool GivesFameAndKarmaAward { get { return true; } }

You can't just leave it like that! Otherwise it's like every other thread on the internet: Problem, discussion, discussion, discussion.... then silence.

What was the solution?!

I was searching through Basecreature and stumbled upon these lines that were commented out. I just uncommented them:
//}
// if (GivesFameAndKarmaAward)
// {

Back