I have heard a few people talk about this where it will record ALL the chat in the game. But I looked for it all day and can't find it anywhere. Anyone have a copy the can post for me.

I told you use IOStream to write all speeches.

you can find some codes if you find 'IOStream' on every script in your script folder.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3zc0w663(v=vs.110).aspx

You can create a custom class with only one function that accepts a player and text parameter, and use the link above to append to a log file. Then call the file from outside (be sure the function in that new class is "public static") in the SpeechLog.cs, under "public void Add( Mobile from, string speech )".

Basically:
Add an using reference at the top if you create a namespace.

Code:
CustomClass.LogSpeech(from, "text");

Code:
public static void LogSpeech(Mobile from, string text)
{
	write to file here.
}

I have a script that works, but it needs reworks and i don't really get into UO much lately.
Do not hesitate if you have troubles/crashes/questions related to that.

Give this a try. I don't know if it will compile with ServUO, but give it a shot and if there are errors, we'll help you get them fixed.

Attachments

• HearAll.cs
    1.4 KB · Views: 11
it compiled fine.
no matter who is talking, it is showing up in the journal.
I just hope this is what they wanted.

Suggestion:
make a gump with character's names as they talk so it frees up the journal for talking, not listening to everyone.

it compiled fine.
no matter who is talking, it is showing up in the journal.
I just hope this is what they wanted.

Suggestion:
make a gump with character's names as they talk so it frees up the journal for talking, not listening to everyone.
Anyone is free to do with this as they please. It's been around for a very long time (RunUO 1.0).

Back