Does anyone have a list of all the global interface commands that can be used? Or is there a tutorial out there somewhere that I may have missed? Thank you in advance.

This may not be the right forum for posting this, but I was unsure which one would be the right one. :)

Global and interface are two seperate commands..

Global is a command modifier just like facet, area, m (multi).

These modifiers are meant to be used in combination with another command.

[Global interface
[Area interface
[m delete
[area wipe
Etc...

Interface is a general command allowing you to interact with objects in the world, look at their properties, go to them, delete them, etc.

Interface accepts arguements such as types and conditionals, so it can be compounded with these arguements to limit what you interface with.

Examples:
[global interface where basecreature
Shows you all basecreatures in the world

[Area interface where xmlspawner
Shows you all the spawners within the box that you target.

And you are only limited by your imagination..
[Global interface where playermobile hits < 100
Shows you all players who currently have less than 100 hp.

Hope this helps! Its a broad command so if you need specific help, just ask.

Interestingly, most admins i have worked with dont know this command structure and how powerful it can be. To me, interface and xmlfind are the two most powerful and underused commands.

Thank you Ravenwolfe :) that helps a lot, I have used [global interface together, and never realized they were two different commands. I'm making a list of all the ones I use that work. :)

[global ...
[online ...
[region ...
[area ...

... addtopack ... where
...set[property] ... where
...get [property] ... where
...inc [property] ... where
...remove ... where
...etc

All good ones. There is a lot you can do with it.

I agree with Ravenwolfe that these are all very powerful. XMLFind is great too but has more limitations than these commands.

Is there a wildcard for the command interface, for example, can I type [global interface where *wildcard*shield*wildcard* to give me every shield?

If I type [global interface where shield it doesn't give me all the shields in the world. It says no type with that name is found.

Code:
[global interface where BaseShield

What would I put for some armour that is unique to my shard. It is TierII armour but various pieces, for example, ArtisanTierIINeck and KnightTierIILegs, if I just look for TierII it says no type with that name is found.

The search argument for the 'where' operator in commands is a Type Name and must be exact, though not case sensitive.

Code:
[global interface where ArtisanTierIINeck

[global interface where KnightTierIILegs

The search argument for the 'where' operator in commands is a Type Name and must be exact, though not case sensitive.

Code:
[global interface where ArtisanTierIINeck

[global interface where KnightTierIILegs

I'm sorry, I am obviously not articulating my query properly, I am looking for a way to search for all TierII items without being specific for each type. Is there a way to do that?

Unless all of your items inherit a common base, for example "BaseArmorTierII", then no.

The 'where' extension does not support complex syntax for partial queries.

"Is there a way to do that?"

Yes, if you want to write code to support complex syntax for 'where'.

Back