I am using the default XML Spawns that come with ServUO. However I want Ilshenar spawns to be boosted. Is there a global command to set the NextSpawn time of all XML spawners on a specific facet?

Thanks,

Probably, i know that [range 15 set maxdelay 00:03:00 will set the max delay to 3 minutes for any spawner within the 15 tile range, so a global command would be something like [global set mindelay 00:03:00 where map = Ilshenar the 3 being what ever number you choose and then do another command to set the maximum delay. However that will change all spawners in that facet, even spawners for items ect..

NextSpawn is a timespan value in seconds, so your command would be something like:

[global set nextspawn 30 where xmlspawner and map = ilshenar

To be honest, even if that command is 100% correct, I would prefer to use XmlFind. You can pull up all XmlSpawners and filter by Facet, then run commands against the results. Starting any command in game with the [global keyword is a scary thing in my opinion. With XmlFind you can see exactly which objects will be affected by your command before you run it.

NextSpawn is a timespan value in seconds, so your command would be something like:

To be honest, even if that command is 100% correct, I would prefer to use XmlFind. You can pull up all XmlSpawners and filter by Facet, then run commands against the results. Starting any command in game with the [global keyword is a scary thing in my opinion. With XmlFind you can see exactly which objects will be affected by your command before you run it.
I thought MinDelay and MaxDelay controlled when they spawn. NextSpawn is just the time left isn't it?

UPDATE:

I mispoke in my OP. I meant MinDelay/MaxDelay not NextSpawn

I thought MinDelay and MaxDelay controlled when they spawn. NextSpawn is just the time left isn't it?

Yes, MinDelay and MaxDelay will control the spawn rates overall, but if you just want to kick them all off, setting NextSpawn will start the timer and spawn them.

Yes, MinDelay and MaxDelay will control the spawn rates overall, but if you just want to kick them all off, setting NextSpawn will start the timer and spawn them.
Do I just select all spawns in Ilshenar in xml finder and enter the command at the bottom like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-22 015739.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-22 015739.png
    491.2 KB · Views: 37
I would just go to Ilshenar and enter this command;

[facet set MinDelay x MaxDelay x where XmlSpawner

[Global will set the spawn time for every spawner on every facet where [facet is for the facet you're currently on. If you're only wanting to set Ilshenar then [facet is the one to use.

No need to use global unless you are wanting the command to be a global thing. Your command was almost correct, but if entered, I believe it would still set them globally because of the "and" in the command, but I could be wrong. It should be or would work 100% if it were this;

[Global set nextspawn 30 where xmlspawner map = Ilshenar

Again though, could just go to the facet and use the [facet modifier instead of global.

Last edited:
Back