Hi,

I have a gold stacking issue. If I have a stack of 40000 gold and drop another 30000 gold onto it I would expect it to make one stack of 60000 gold and a new stack of 10000. For some reason it does not do this but just drops the 30K to a new stack. It also does this with wooden boards so I presume it is wrong for any stackable item. It also does the same thing whether I drop the new stack on the old stack, or simply onto the container that the first stack is in.

Would someone please be kind enough to advise me how to fix this? I've not messed around with this at all so I am rather confused as to why it is happening :)

Thank you in anticipation.

FB

As far as I know it's always been like that. You have to have the exact to max the pile or less to combine the stack. This would also be something of core functionality so likely it would be a change to item.cs in the server files.

I don't actually remember if the problem existed on OSI back in the day which is odd because as guildmaster and the guy in charge of guild money I should remember something like this which I would have bumped into almost every day. I will be activating one of my old OSI accounts soon to have a look at some other issues so I will come back with a definitive answer.

The thing is, I am used to this happening (stacking) on UO Second Age and UO Renaissance servers (I didn't stick around on UO Forever long enough to acquire a pile of 60k gold!) and it is something I want to get working on my own shard because it is such a pain to have to manually sort stacks of items. It just seems silly to me that we should have to inconvenience people when it can be coded. And as I'm not running a 100% era accurate shard I am more one for convenience of players.

I would imagine it is pretty easy to achieve and I will look at bank checks and base containers for clues.

Fireball, just keep working with Crome and he will have that resolved for you. As for the stacking issue. It is the way it is on OSI. It does not make it fully into 60k stacks. It just goes back to last location if the amount will be greater than 60k.

Back