Greetings all!

The past 6 months my better half and I had been looking for a game like UO to no avail... so we came back... Being more of the soloist types we jumped into the EMU scene, hosting just something small to tinker around with.

I played with Sphere back in the day and RunUO back in 2012... ServUO has been pretty great in comparison... super easy to set up, think it took us like 15 minutes to start playing once everything was downloaded.

Thank you all so much for ServUO!

Now the question...

I don't recall, but I didn't think Bushido and Chiv spells made you drop your weapons... am I wrong on this?

The script for spells shows ClearHandsOnCast set to true, and all the combat 'spells' (chiv, ninjitsu, bushido, etc) are included in that... is that right? If not what do I do to correct it?

Thanks in advance,

~C~

For chivalry in this example the spells inheritance chain is like this.
spell -> paladinspell -> (each spell)

Spell is the general one so it is set to true there. In Paladin spell, the root of all Paladinspells it is set to false. Therefor each chivalry spell will inherit the overridden value from Paladinspell wich is false.

Hope this explains it a little.

For chivalry in this example the spells inheritance chain is like this.
spell -> paladinspell -> (each spell)

Spell is the general one so it is set to true there. In Paladin spell, the root of all Paladinspells it is set to false. Therefor each chivalry spell will inherit the overridden value from Paladinspell wich is false.

Hope this explains it a little.

Yes, thank you. Completely understood. I looked at the script and as you said, it indeed is set to false in PaladinSpell. However... Sword in hand I cast Close Wounds and the sword jumps into my bag.

I haven't changed anything in the script files since installing everything, so right now everything in there is default. So, what else could be causing this? Thought maybe some config somewhere that I overlooked?

Thank you again. :)

Just grabbed the repo, used every Paladinspell and the dagger stayed in my hands.

I dont know really, what did you change on your server? What weapon did you use? What era are you running? and so on.

*slaps forehead* DOH

Figured it out... I'm using Razor to connect to my server and I had the "Disarm before casting" box checked...

Thanks for your help.

*goes and hides in a corner*

Back