Is there a way to keep a guild active and existing if no one belongs to it? i suspected reverting the guild system to the older version would do this but then that turns off some features i want to keep. I wonder if it would be possible to tie a guild back to a stone, or in game item to keep it alive.

I'm going to preface this by saying I don't know....but just looking at the Guild.cs I noticed this

if( m_Members.Count < 2 )
Disband();

So I wonder what would happen if you changed that to 1. I just don't know how you would rejoin it if there's no one there to govern it. You'd need some sort of item that when used brought up the guild gump for that guild (like guild stone). That's where it gets tricky and I'm afraid I just don't know the answer. Good luck

Just curious, why?

When I first started this project I wanted to divide all the races into factions so they would always be at war with each other, so immediately upon character creation you could be attacked as you would be forced into a faction by just being of a set race. Well I ran into a lot of snags trying to create additional factions *forget territory I just wanted the flag so they would be at war*, but that wasn't working out for me.

So I went a different route and accepted there would be no guild system, so I disabled the ability to leave guilds and I forced each race into their own respective guild which was always at war and just tied each guild to a toon within the race so that the guild would never die off. Well, this is creating a problem for development as each time I need to mod the Player Mobile and it usually affects the serailization, that will remove those toons. So I wanted to attach the guild to a sort of controller.

I would be looking closely at the way Factions are set up, and then compare that to the way opposition groups are set up. It just seems like what you're describing is something in between those two things. Best of luck

Back