zerodowned

I'm planning to make a more complete Gump Reference sheet in the future but this is just something I threw together.

I always find myself spending more time than I should on figuring out what background to use.
They're separated far from each other (in the list of gump "items") and it's difficult to remember them all.

So here you go, the four with an asterisk require newer clients, somewhere in the 7's

Gump Backgrounds.png

2620 has a missing space in the center part of it, it runs about 10 points from the left border

2520 obviously has problems, but I included it anyway

Nice reference sheet. I'm ashamed to say I've been manually looking these up in Fiddler for the last 2 years!

That is great. I use the EC and the colors of text/gumps are hard to read on a lot of it. I have one background I use (3500) - and I would love to use more. Now I can ha ha

My entire gump info... sad.... :)

AddBackground( int x, int y, int width, int height, int gumpID )

//AddBackground(186, 87, 371, 390, 2620); // Background 1
AddBackground(85, 30, 600, 500, 3500);
AddImage(136, 57, 10440); // dragonside left
AddImage(526, 58, 10441); // Dragon side right
AddImage(199, 112, 5504); // UO Circle left
AddImage(480, 111, 5504); // UO Circle Right

That is great. I use the EC and the colors of text/gumps are hard to read on a lot of it. I have one background I use (3500) - and I would love to use more. Now I can ha ha

My entire gump info... sad.... :)

AddBackground( int x, int y, int width, int height, int gumpID )

//AddBackground(186, 87, 371, 390, 2620); // Background 1
AddBackground(85, 30, 600, 500, 3500);
AddImage(136, 57, 10440); // dragonside left
AddImage(526, 58, 10441); // Dragon side right
AddImage(199, 112, 5504); // UO Circle left
AddImage(480, 111, 5504); // UO Circle Right
i'm not sure how these look in EC. still need to explore EC gumps

Honestly for me I use GumpStudio, but I've generally got the idea in my head and I look for images that work with what I see in my head. After that I end up saving a .gump file to open when I want information about a gump I made without having to load up the server, however the actual scripting I still do by hand as my gumps are typically much more involved than just displaying simple information.

Not to mention I use tricks in my gumps a lot too, like using a long horizontal image in a vertical list arrangement, cover them all with a background, then layer labels over them. The buttons still work but the user only sees the text on the background.

Exactly how I do it
Makes me wish that TiledButtons worked

FYI hiding buttons behind images or background doesn't seem to work in EC
Still need to see if it works in EC to add hidden buttons then call a method to do the rest - my guess is yes but we shall see

I don't care for it either to be honest

Beta tested Uo3D - hated it
KR - actually kind of looks pretty but never played
EC - meh, KR looked better in some ways - only played for testing

I wish UO2 had become a thing or at least Iris was still being updated

Anyway, newer players like EC and it will eventually be supported

Gump Images.jpg
Anyway, newer players like EC and it will eventually be supported
The hotbars and macro system are enough to make the EC awesome. There are still issues - a lot of gump issues...

I would love to figure out a way for books to work in EC - I think gumps may be the answer. Like click the book and it opens a gump. Somehow it would have to involve blank books being able to be written in... way above my paygrade ha ha

Is there a way of editing gumps ingame? It is so time consuming to adjust a script - reboot the server - look at the gump - adjust the script - reboot the server

~Edit~
If you like gumps, check out this one https://www.servuo.com/archive/slayer-deed-package.668/ I found a pack of slayer deeds and put them into a selection gump. It is probably my favorite gump so far. It is mostly plagiarized (I mean adapted) from other gumps - lots of cut & paste.

Here are some gump images I use. Always looking for new ones :)

Last edited:
Back