Over on RunUO MontenegroXD has put up a Squire System. I have been using for a little while and so far it works very well. I had to make a couple adjustments because I use the EC (backpack changes). Also you need to adjust the Room Attendant to be able to take money from your bank, because of the cashless banks.

Other than the couple easy changes it is simple to install and use. You can buy a deed to make a squire. He has a gump to monitor his stats & skills, and you can set a lot of options for them (looting, talking, cast spells, healing etc...) There are trainers you can buy skill deeds that will train the squire up to 30 points in various skills. You use a Room Attendant to 'stable' him (I changed the 300 gold stable fee to 30 to be inline with other pets). He heals himself, and you, if you put bandages in his pack. You can equip him in whatever armor & weapons you want. If he dies, after you res him, you can have him loot his corpse and he re-equips his armor & weapons. Put food in his pack and he eats when he gets hungry.

It is a pretty cool system. I don't want to upload it here because he is making a lot of improvements so best to get it there, he keeps the download link up to date. .

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/squire-system.543000/

It reminds of the an old Evo Merc I had but seems a lot more robust. More settings, more flexibility.

It reminds of the an old Evo Merc I had but seems a lot more robust. More settings, more flexibility.
I have this installed, but the squire does not loot or loot all.
I have tried and he says he was unable to pick up all the items or something close to that, but he picks up nothing.

Do you have issues with this? \Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Shaz :rolleyes:

What era are you using? AOS or PRE AOS?
[doublepost=1468944870][/doublepost]Also testing in Trammel or Felucca? Tukaram could have been testing this in Felucca. Seems like an issue with Corpse.cs and access.

What era are you using? AOS or PRE AOS?
[doublepost=1468944870][/doublepost]Also testing in Trammel or Felucca? Tukaram could have been testing this in Felucca. Seems like an issue with Corpse.cs and access.

hehe, Im using the ServUO SVN latest(even merged the mobile fix this morning)so SA.
I didn't think about the trammel effect in corpse.
Hmmm....that might be a bugger to add without screwing up everyone being able to loot your body.

sorpse.cs eh.... :eek::confused:

I have not looked at the code! It was just what came to mind right away.

Try testing it in felucca and let me know if it loots there.

I play on EC (no Fel ruleset) and had some issues getting the scripts to load, so I remarked out a couple lines in looting. All I have them loot is their own bodies if they die.

~Edit
Oh I also had to make a couple changes for the cashless banking system.

Thanks Tukaram. I actually might download this and play with it tonight! Looks really really interesting and I missed it the first time around. Would be nice if the original owner uploaded it here too!

@Shazzy I would bet it has something to do with that maybe? Trammel will restrict to anyone but you, or other real players in a party.
[doublepost=1468946154][/doublepost]Let me know what you find out. I may be interested in adding this to my shard tonight to play around with!

Thanks Tukaram. I actually might download this and play with it tonight! Looks really really interesting and I missed it the first time around. Would be nice if the original owner uploaded it here too!

@Shazzy I would bet it has something to do with that maybe? Trammel will restrict to anyone but you, or other real players in a party.
I will test that on Fel when i get home.
He does loot his body just fine when he dies.
It makes TOTAL sense the message he gives "I was unable to get all the items" or whatever, because he can't loot any items on Trammel.
I would not know where to start on making creatures only, that is a path that will lea me right off the cliff!

Thanks Tuk and Tas :)
Ill let you know about Felucca to confirm it is a Trammel rule set.
[doublepost=1469028911][/doublepost]He loots everything in Felucca :(
So it is the Trammel Rule set.

He was going to do a lot of updates to this system, so I hope he finds his way here!
These are great for small servers.

Man, I did not think about this system. If RunUO stays down we may never see this cat again... bummer. It seems to work pretty well as is. but he did have more plans for it.

Since RunUO is down, if anyone has a working copy of the scripts for standard client, it would be nice to get it uploaded here. Tukaram, you can also post your EC copy - I know lots of people use that too.

Here is a copy of the squire system from June. Im not sure if it is the lastest version.

Attachments

• Squire System V1.9.7.zip
    200.6 KB · Views: 52
The version Torq just posted is the same version I am using. So I will just add my copy which has a few changes for the EC client.

I made very few changes. Just remarked out a couple looting lines that caused a crash. Added some changes so the EC backpack would work. The biggest thing is I took the guide book and turned it into a gump. Not bad looking, if I do say so myself. (books do not work in EC).

Attachments

• Enhanced Client - Squire System V1.9.7.zip
    92.8 KB · Views: 31
Omg runuo is offline, probably gone forever :( , i loved montegro squire system, i discovered like 3 bugs, it still has some bugs.

Like when squire apply bandage himself and die, bandage ends and the res gump pops up. so he ress himself.

Sorry for my english!

I use this system with a few name changes but 1.9.7 was the last updated version released and would Like to see Montegro make the move He had several new things planned for the squires and this is RunUO new site for those interested http://www.runuo.net/forum/

That is not Runuo's New site there just a buncah people stealing the name they need to get over them selfs and stop trying to be runuo. I Wouldn't trust that site if you ask me stay on servuo.com its been around and its well trusted.

That is not Runuo's New site there just a buncah people stealing the name they need to get over them selfs and stop trying to be runuo. I Wouldn't trust that site if you ask me stay on servuo.com its been around and its well trusted.

While I agree that ServUO is right now one of the best sites out there for UO Emulation content, do not be quick to judge the RunUO.net site. From what I understand it began a while back as a way to provide backup content, archiving, continued forum support, and developer tool information and dowloads. While they never claim to be RunUO.com, they have their purpose all the same.

People will support as much as possible. Just post in script help and make sure you mention what version of RunUO you are using.

That being said ServUO has been being developed on since RunUO stopped development. It is worth checking out.

not sure whos what anymore just added the link for anyone interested as always use Your Own best Judgement for what site you download from or for what site You use ,, for me its any of them that can help Me get something fixed or add something new

(anything vitanex related I can use since it seems to be a topsecret Powerful shard controller but cant find anything about it except making some lame ass explosion effect))) ,,, i.e setting up games ,,, updating it to not crash with a few systems it has in ii,, using the gumps ect ect

Anyone fixed the autoress problem? the called bandage from death i guess.

If squire is aplying bandage himself then die the pet resurect gump appears , u can accept and res the squire, wich is a bug! an annoying one

I didnt look at the script but you would need in an check to the bandage healing that if the healer is the Squire and if it is dead that it would cancel

My squire doesnt do that. I will post what I use and you can compare if you want to see what is different. I do have a change in resurrect file so players without healing and just have magery can ress their squires.

Attachments

• Squire System.zip
    92.4 KB · Views: 34
My squire doesnt do that. I will post what I use and you can compare if you want to see what is different. I do have a change in resurrect file so players without healing and just have magery can ress their squires.

Thank you, will check it :), maybe my bandage file is the problem?

Maybe what you have done is the best way to go, being able to res Squire only with magery....

but i lack of knowledge.

Last edited:
Did someone add the change so that Squires have to use ammo for archery? Somehow I commented those out and cant even find an old statement to add it back in.
Help is appreciated!
[doublepost=1474240657][/doublepost]NVM found it!

Back