Hi new to ServUO and I've spent a bit of time reading the forums looking to setup my own server running Renaissance era UO. From what I can tell you need to be running pub57 or older to do this. Is that correct?

I'm running debian 10. I am able to get the dotnet build to work just fine for the newer build in the master branch but I cannot get pub57 to build. When attempting to I receive the below error message and I have not been able to figure out how to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

dotnet build
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.11.2+f32259642 for .NET
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

/home/testuser/ServUO/Scripts/Scripts.csproj : warning NU1503: Skipping restore for project '/home/testuser/ServUO/Scripts/Scripts.csproj'. The project file may be invalid or missing targets required for restore. [/home/testuser/ServUO/ServUO.sln]
Determining projects to restore...
Nothing to do. None of the projects specified contain packages to restore.
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/5.0.408/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1217,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2 were not found. To resolve this, install the Developer Pack (SDK/Targeting Pack) for this framework version or retarget your application. You can download .NET Framework Developer Packs at .NET SDKs downloads for Visual Studio [/home/testuser/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]

Build FAILED.

/home/testuser/ServUO/Scripts/Scripts.csproj : warning NU1503: Skipping restore for project '/home/testuser/ServUO/Scripts/Scripts.csproj'. The project file may be invalid or missing targets required for restore. [/home/testuser/ServUO/ServUO.sln]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/5.0.408/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1217,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2 were not found. To resolve this, install the Developer Pack (SDK/Targeting Pack) for this framework version or retarget your application. You can download .NET Framework Developer Packs at .NET SDKs downloads for Visual Studio [/home/testuser/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]
1 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

I do have Mono installed. Looks like I didn't describe things as well as I should have

On the same server I am testing both the Master branch and the pub57 branch.

With the master branch (GitHub - ServUO/ServUO: An Ultima Online server emulator written in C# .NET)
I have it located here - /home/testuser/ServUO-master
I am able to "dotnet build" successfully and then able to run mono on the exe created from that build
mono ServUO.exe

With the pub57 branch (GitHub - ServUO/ServUO at pub57)
I have it located here - /home/testuser/ServUO
I am not able to "dotnet build" successfully
When attempting to build I receive the error messages I posted above

Build FAILED.

1 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

I have the 5.0 sdk and runtime installed and it works successfully for the master branch. for the pub57 branch I get the error I posted above about the .net framework version. I do not see a way to resolve that issue. I originally was following Ixtabay's guide here Tutorial: Free AWS EC2 Shard on Debian

I have installed
apt-transport-https
zlib1g-dev
dotnet-sdk-5.0
mono-complete

I do not see a way to resolved the 4.7.2 issue or see a separate install for that version. Has anyone tried to setup a new server and compile the pub57 version on debian? And to reiterate I'm attempting to run the pub57 version because I want to run a specific expansion version of the server (renaissance) and it seems this can only be done with older versions of the code and not what is in the master branch. If that is not correct please let me know.

Thanks again

what happens if you try

Code:
make clean
make

in the pub57 directory and then try running the resultant exe with mono?

what happens if you try

Code:
make clean
make

in the pub57 directory and then try running the resultant exe with mono?

Hi Zavreyon that gets me further

Code:
make clean
make
mono ServUO.exe

and connect to the server successfully.

But when I stop the server and rerun mono ServUO.exe asks me to create accounts again each time
This server has no accounts.
Do you want to create the owner account now? (y/n)

Thoughts?
Thanks for your help.

once the world has saved, it should keep the owner account (and any other accounts) intact.

you can force this with [save ingame or from console, but by default I think it does it automatically every 15 minutes.

perfect that worked. Thanks!

Is there a list of admin commands somewhere? a wiki or webpage?
I saw [help but that fills the screen and I'm not able to see them all. Is there a | less equivalent or something to read them all?

Thanks again

[docgen ingame will generate the documentation in the form of html files in the server folder.

One of those files has all the commands and their functions, sorted by accesslevel, including commands from any custom scripts you may have added. As you add scripts, you may need to periodically rerun that command to include those, however most customs are also documented in the thread for the scripts.

Back