I'm a c# developer, have been for over 7 years now. Looking to develop and have been having a tough time with RunUO (not supported and can't get client/server to match), so I thought I'd try ServUO.

My end goal is to make a shard that's based around the Wheel of Time book series, but I realize how lofty of a goal that is. Where do I get started?

Download the repository from the link in the navigation with your choice of repository management software: SVN or GIT

Initially, you will want to edit and configure #DataPath.cs and #ServerList.cs to suit your environment.

You can then compile the server using #Compile.WIN.bat or #Compile.MONO.bat or by loading the solution into Visual Studio and building it.

You're ready to run the ServUO.exe, when it loads, you should be able to connect locally with Razor or UOSteam.

Thanks for the welcomes. Is there a client I could download somewhere that'll work for the ServUO Master project I just downloaded?

I ask because I'm currently using the mondain's legacy install (2d) and there are a few bugs, like not being able to enter houses, and I'm not seeing some doors.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but I know that I need my client and server versions to match or I'm going to have some major bugs. I'd love any help that people could offer. Thanks.

Back