Greetings! :)
I've been an avid follower of various UO-related projects (RunUO, POL, etc.) for a long time till I somewhat lost interest in Ultima Online. Now, several years later, I'm happy to see that the interest in Ultima Online emulation is still strong. I stumbled upon ServUO and I'm currently trying to learn the ropes as to how to properly set up modern emulators and make them work with modern clients. Keep up the great work, fellas! Will be happy to stay for a while with you!

Best regards,
UOGadget

Thanks! :)
By the way, I'm currently trying to find some basic information about ServUO - that is, what distinguishes this project from other emulators, what the latest changes are, etc. So far I was able to find the project repo on git (I checked it out and figured that ServUO has some rather advanced Stygian Abyss / High Seas support compared to what I've seen on the current RunUO) and I'm reading info about how to compile it with Mono on my Linux system, but I'd really appreciate it if you can direct me towards some introductory post or page where I could find some basic information about the project, as well as maybe beginner's tips... Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm asking obvious things... :)

EDIT: Found the info on how to compile and run and stuff, nevermind about that. :)

Best regards,
UOGadget

Last edited:
Welcome to the community Gadget2013.
One significant factor that sets servuo apart from other emu's is that Servuo is a community run project. Anyone can contribute towards it. Current goal is to achieve up to SA complete support before going for high seas but as I mentioned it's a community project so you'll see things from high seas being added that people want. Before anything gets fully pushed to the distro files it has to be gone over by the development team to insure it's quality of code and that it is OSI/EA accurate.

Last edited:
That's a really impressive goal and a very good development model to match it! Keep up the great work here, I'm happy to be a part of your community!

Best regards,
UOGadget

Back