After reading for ~2 weeks I'd like to introduce myself :)

When UO was released in '97 i was in school and didn't have a proper internet connection nor the money to afford one. Nevertheless i liked the game from the very first moment.
After playing on some freeshards i started working on a runuo homeshard, mainly to teach myself programming. But i also enjoyed worldbuilding a lot.
That must have been about 10 or 11 years ago. Since then i am pretty much hooked.
Even though i had breaks of sometimes a year in between, i keep coming back. And i never regret it ;)
Around ~2011 i began creating ingame artwork with blender.
(For some reason i am quite clumsy with photoshop/gimp etc. but 3D works a lot better :))
Had a good time working with Valorian on Arx-Obscura and now again on her new project.

I came back again to UO about 3-4 weeks ago and this time it's mostly about animations.
Are there other people working with blender or are interested to do so?
I could write a tutorial on camera and render settings to fit the UO perspective.

It's so nice to still find such an active community after all this years!

Looking forward to a good time here! :D

Your comments will resonate with many people here I am sure. Most of us are long-time fans of UO, and all of us appreciate when new ideas get injected into the community.

Welcome!

Back