Well I am a new member to Servuo. I recently have been trying to get my runuo server up and going and it just doesn't seem to get me where I want to go. So I decided that I wanted to try Servuo. Some people pointed me in this direction to get a fully functioning SA and HS server up.

I am 28 years old, in the US Army and enjoy UO. Recently I have decided that I wanted to make my own UO server for my friends and I to enjoy and anyone else who want to join us. I one of my old XP machines up and added all the necessary equipment to run the server. Runuo does great on it. Hardly any lag. Got my URL set up. Bought it and set up a forums to go with it so I can be ready for live.

However as I stated before it just isn't functioning the way I need it to. Seems to have quite a few bugs and so I really want to try ServUO

Welcome to the ServUO community ruaduck. I'm not sure how you feel on this subject but... you may want to upgrade from xp to windows 7. The technical reason slips my mind but i believe it has to do with .net 4. Though there are people here in the community who will say that .net 4 is nothing spectacular. ServUO is for sure the place to be for SA + support and you should find the community here to be more helpful and responsive then other communities.

Welcome to the ServUO community ruaduck. I'm not sure how you feel on this subject but... you may want to upgrade from xp to windows 7. The technical reason slips my mind but i believe it has to do with .net 4. Though there are people here in the community who will say that .net 4 is nothing spectacular. ServUO is for sure the place to be for SA + support and you should find the community here to be more helpful and responsive then other communities.
I'm pretty sure .Net 4.0 works on WinXP SP3. Back when ServUO was ForkUO and OpenUO required .Net 4.5 is when users couldn't use it on XP. This is probably what you are remembering @Hank :).

I am running .net 4 on my XP machine. So it is handling it well. Just either need to get a full SA on RunUO or ServUO going. My main problem is Medusa. I can't seem to get her up and going.

Back