I think this is almost ready to release... but I do not want to blow up anyone's expensive armor...

The idea started out because I miss the old armor simplicity. Grab a set of exceptional plate/leather whatever and hunt. AOS changed all that. We had to start playing with stats, and the look of the armor was secondary, if considered at all. So all my avatars started wearing robes to hide the hodge-podge mess.

So the armor morphing tool was born.

You double click the tool and target your armor. If the ItemID is on the list, the armor will change. It will scroll through a loop for each armor piece (helm has almost 30 options, gloves have 5).

I do not want to release it until it has been tested, or at least looked at, by someone better at coding than I am. Yes, I relaize by posting it here it is 'out there' but not an official release.

It is simply looking for an item ID and changing it. It does not change the color, or stats. It is just a very long if/else statement. One tool works on all armor slots (arm, chest etc), and scrolls through the material (ring, plate etc). Each section is a loop of its own. I considered making single use deeds, or a series of selection gumps, but this seemed easier, and more convenient for the player, being unlimited use.

I tested it on Admin and Player. It works on armor in your backpack or on your paperdoll. It does not work in containers, other people's paperdoll, or on a mannequin (I have never used a mannequin and that would be a nice addition, but I did not try to add it). I am sure I could/should have added more female armor options, but I am unsure what they have other than different chest pieces (I have never played a female avatar). The list is certainly not complete, but it is as long as I could gather, without my eyes bleeding.

My concern is that I do not want to ruin someone's expensive armor. Can someone take a look at it and see if there are some safeties needed? It works, but may be exploitable or just need some protections. So, there is no particular question, except - "is this ok?" This was surprisingly easy to make... and that worries me ha ha

Oh, one problem I noticed is that it is blessed, the properties say blessed, if you die - it is still on you, but it does not display as blessed (not a big deal, but odd).

Attachments

• ArmorMorphTool.cs
    7.1 KB · Views: 9
I'll give it a look over, and a test for you. Though that single use deed idea actually sounds really good for the final release.

I was considering writing it up both ways. This was a good test to see if the idea was sound. The deed will be a lot of gump work - but I enjoy gumps. :)

~Edit
Darn, I just tested taking a male chest piece, changing to a female itemID, and it does work on female characters. Now I have to make sure they can turn any chest piece to a female version... (easier on a gump than the existing tool). It is always something ha ha

Last edited:
Lol I feel you there. I still havent uploaded it to my test server yet, but I have a feeling the deco freaks will LOVE it.
Post automatically merged:

I took a read through of your code, and the concept looks fine. Only two problems I discovered, are weight and material type for meditiation is changing when you use this tool. And my Valorite Ringmail Gloves name changed to Valorite Leather Gloves >.>

Last edited:
Oh, it kept the valorite name? Hmm...

As for the weight and material type, does it change for each morph? If you turn a piece of leather into plate, it may take on plate properties. Plate would normally block meditation, unless there is a mage armor attribute. I was thinking it just changed the graphic, but the ItemID numbers may be changing base settings for that armor type? That could be a problem...

The gump idea is looking tough. I am having a problem getting the gump to give me a target. I do not want to make a separate deed for each armor type...

This started as just a set of morphable armor (double click the armor piece to change it). It may have to stay as that.

Yes it changes for each morph. The weight, name, material types, all get modified when using this tool.

1609194400114.png

Theres the Valorite "Ringmail" Gloves I had started with, after using the tool on it.

Yeah, I saw that after you pointed it out. I was under the impression that once the armor was made - it was made. I thought this was just changing the graphic. It is not. Must be why no one made this before... Bummer... Thanks for testing it, and finding the big flaw. Looks like I will not be releasing it, as is anyway. There are still some possibilities with the concept, just not what I hoped for. About the only use for it now would be for a mage that wants to turn some plate into leather, and there are easier ways to do that.

I was testing it on my Paladin, who wears full plate, and never needs to actively meditate. He would never notice the meditation changes.

Oh well, it was a fun script to write anyway. I wonder if there is a way of just changing the graphic?

There probably is, or at worst case, you'd have to set the name, weight, and material type of the items as a variable prior to the transform, then apply the variables afterwards.

Yeah, you just check against the first target's material. If it's a match (metal v metal, leather v leather), do the transfer. Otherwise, kick out an error message to the player.

If you restrict by material, all you need to transfer is name, weight, hue. Med status is dependent more on material than anything, although there are a few exceptions.

Yeah but my original idea was to let people change any piece of armor so it matches the rest of their armor (I miss matching armor). A mage may find a great plate armor but want to change it to leather - to match. I did not even consider meditation originally (I should have).

To allow anyone to change any piece into any other piece I would need to add the mage armor property to the metal armor, or it would be useless to mages. I have no problem with letting everyone have med, but some shards may not like it...

Easiest way would be to put an add mage armor property at the top, or I could add the line to each piece of armor that would block med. Not sure if either would be a popular 'fix'. So I am rethinking the whole idea.

I do like the ease of changing properties, and it opens up a lot of ideas for deeds, tools etc. (like the follower increase coin someone made) But my original goal may not work out...

It works great! I love it! HAHA you could change this into single use items that spawn as rares or buy in ultima store or points shop so you can pick which armor type you want specifically then the item disappears (deleted) i dont know it doesn't feel right shifting through the full variety of armors haha but i do love this idea thanks for this!
What do you think of an item spawning like pinks... that would boost armor properties in increments of 1% - sayyy 5% up the the total weight of the strongest arty or have two kinds one thats limited by the max arty weight and one thats limited by the imbuing weight... this would generate a butt tone of items haha

Well...it does not work as intended (as I said I was hoping to just change the graphic) but it does in fact change the armor. It opens a lot of ideas for other property changing items.

The scrolling bit was more to get it working quickly and test it. I was thinking of a selection gump to choose the item type. That would be a lot more coding, so the scrolling was a good test system for the concept. And good thing too, because DragnMaw saw the flaw in the design. Good potential, though.

The original idea was found in an old quest (not mine) that had a morphing set of armor as a reward. You double click each piece of the armor to morph it. I did not realize that it also changed the properties, like mediation. But it got me thinking about a way to change all armor... which got me thinking of other properties you can change with a tool/deed/token... :cool:

No dont change it i loved it its perfect for a thief. the graphic is fitting. It took me a while to realize why you picked that graphic! NICE!

Yeah, the disguise kit just seemed right ha ha
You are free to use it as is, as long as you recognize the limitations. I still enjoy it, but as I said I play a paladin in full plate, I would have never noticed he could not meditate... :)

Back