Hi you all!

I don't know how to solve this problem..

I've implemented an "Unknown" name system, so each player could give fake names to other ones (and they can take note of that names multiple times, in this way "Unknown" turns into "Name").
I've also implemented a "Citizens, Evaders, Outlaws Registry" in which players are scheduled with their real name, but now I've just realized that's wrong because they would sign in even with fake names, or in incognito mode.. (right now, if a player signs in, his real name appears.. but if he turns into incognito, the name in the registry changes too).
Maybe I can solve this adding a manual sign in to let players write the name they want (I hope in no bad language...) and serialize that name instead, but I don't want players sign in multiple times with different identities. Other ideas?

Another problem is that with an "Unknown" system, if a player goes incognito or disguised, other ones should view him as "Unknown" again (even if they already took note of his name in the past).. and should take note of another temporary name without overwriting the original one... How could I do this? And if the player want disguise in the same person multiple times, how can I overwrite the "Unknown" with the saved "Fake Name", if exists? It seems very hard to manage all these real/fake names..

Moreover.. I would give a good GDR experience to my players, so do you think guards, warehouse-keepers and bankers should not recognize them in incognito mode or disguised?

I'm really stuck..

Lets start this here.
So I take it as that you want them to have the option to make a new disguise, but also be able to go to previous ones they had befor.
If its a disguise someone knows from befor they will see that name.

For that I would make a list and simply store the names of their disguises in PlayerMobile and another one of known Disguises. If you want to store the look too you would have to make some extra work there. (at least thats how I would try it)

Ok now to your book, there you could also simply store the playerserial and then the disguise id and then read the name that way.

And your last point / question I would say they should recognize them aswell but bankers will be tough since that would also mean they would get more bankboxes? (or simply exclude the bankers)

Thank you for your posts.
I changed Name with RawName and other things, but how can I force the paperdoll to refresh the name after a disguise or incognito?
I've to close and re-open the paperdoll to refresh the player's name.

Moreover, if I disconnect-reconnect while disguised, I read the fake Name and not the RawName in the character selection page.. how to fix it?

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-1_12-37-34.png
    upload_2016-11-1_12-37-34.png
    310.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Uhm.. even the paperdoll and other gumps (i.e. the vendor buy/sell) don't seem to update the disguised name [I've to close and re-open the paperdoll].. I tried MobileDelta.Name, but with no success. Any idea to update/force in real-time all the occurrences of the player's name?

Back