Sorry, I'm not explaining it well enough. There is a region tool to specify areas within the game where certain actions are prevented.

The easiest way to define smaller areas you want finer control over what players can do is to use Regions in a Box.

Add a region controller, specify top left and bottom right corners of your desired area, and then just choose what you want to prevent from happening as well as many other options for that area.

I had some luck. I'm trying to create a region where players cannot gate or recall. There is a house in the region. It looks like I can create the region and apply the rules, but they don't apply once I go in the house?

Inside a house is HouseRegion which overrides the other settings. I haven't run into the situation before because everywhere I use the RIAB I also disallow housing.

No "quick fix" comes to mind right now but I'll see if I can figure out something over the weekend.

Just an idea -- I don't have time to test it on my end but when you [props the region controller, one of the fields is RegionPriority. The default value is 50; I wonder if you set it to 1 if it would override the HouseRegion and apply your settings instead...

I ended up using coordinates in my various scripts. So in my "allowed to cast mark spell" code I would have checks to see if a player is on a particular map between 2 xy points to see if it is allowed. So if they build a house in that area it doesn't matter the region they are in.

This feature is already built into SpellHelper.

TravelValidator has a wide array of travel options, you can add a new area very easily (just search one of the existing areas and copy the syntax), and create detailed and discrete mark/gate/recall/teleport rules.

This feature is already built into SpellHelper.

TravelValidator has a wide array of travel options, you can add a new area very easily (just search one of the existing areas and copy the syntax), and create detailed and discrete mark/gate/recall/teleport rules.
But does that solve his house region...in a different region...issue?

Yes it does.

Took me a minute to test the damn thing because I have limited housing in general. That said, by configuring your travel limits through SpellHelper, it allows those limits to supersede general regions. It checks against the restriction, in some cases a map, in some an X/Y rect (similar to your method Djeryv), and just passes a bool to the cast. If false, "That spell doth not appear to work..." despite your region and account restrictions.

It is a bit programmatic, but feel free to ask questions, this is how I've handled most of my highly restricted travel settings.

That was going to be my last-resort suggestion, to hardcode it into SpellHelper as a check for this new area. Like Anon said, just copy the syntax of other checks within the file and you'll be denying mark and recall in no time :D

Back