Using ULive 0.98 and I notice there is a harvest gump system available to make trees into stumps when you chop them. anyone know how to make this system work?

I added it all in and ULive works just fine, but I can chop the heck out of trees and they still look as if I didn't touch them.

Any help would be useful.

The Ultima Live distribution you downloaded should already include the igrping.dll source and an already compiled.dll in the bin folder. You need to replace the file of the same name in your Ultima Online game directory.

If you don't have the already compiled igrping.dll then you need to compile it in Visual Studio. I am not at my computer, but when I get there I will send you what I have. Praxiiz has been busy the last few months so I haven't had a chance to talk with him as of late. I will message him tonight. I do believe he has a github with all of this up.
[doublepost=1524778240][/doublepost]Ultima Live 0.97 and 0.98
igrping.dll is inside for both... you may need to open up visual studio and compile them.

I have not been able to get UOLive to work with the latest patch (7.0.63) not matter what I do; either 0.97 or 0.98 version.

You won't be able to... Ultima Live (Both Versions) broke after client 7.0.50.0. It can still compile but you won't be able to use the commands; most of them will be unresponsive.
[doublepost=1527562487][/doublepost]It was only a matter of time. I brought it to Praxiiz attention, however he has real life to focus on and this break isn't worth fixing because you have alternatives as to which clients to use. Why fix something knowing that Broadsword will just do something to the client later on that will break it again?! That was the rationale I received from Praxiiz and I happen to agree with him.

Well we do have Orion, but whenever I asked about adding a map number increase, the people I asked treated me like it was annoying that I even asked and told me that “maybe a future feature, we will look into it”. That was their prerogative because it is their client. If you want a true community client you will have to build it yourself or outsource the project. The best price I ever got on outsourcing was $10,000.00 USD for the entire thing. You will be lucky to get it cheaper, however nowadays any developer you outsource really only has to take an existing client, XNA/Orion/Flouresence, and improve on it.
[doublepost=1527612973][/doublepost]I would personally recommend outsourcing a C# client. C++ is great but not needed for this outdated game and it really deviates from the primary language we all took the time to learn for our individual servers.
[doublepost=1527613078][/doublepost]With the advent of Runescape closing it’s servers down indefinitely there is room to expand for money using a runescape emulator and that game, being identical to UO in every way except graphics, is browser based 100%.
[doublepost=1527613664][/doublepost]
Sounds like foo
Sounds like we need a new client to handle more maps.
Something broadsword can't mess with.
Its only an observance.
better be
we need a new client to handle more maps.
Something broadsword can't mess with.
Its only an observance.
O

Maybe someday someone will finally get frustrated enough to just say "the hell with it" and make one, or expand on one.

Would be nice if we didn't have to rely on the uo clients from broadsword. Just saying.

Well we do have Orion, but whenever I asked about adding a map number increase, the people I asked treated me like it was annoying that I even asked and told me that “maybe a future feature, we will look into it”. That was their prerogative because it is their client. If you want a true community client you will have to build it yourself or outsource the project. The best price I ever got on outsourcing was $10,000.00 USD for the entire thing. You will be lucky to get it cheaper, however nowadays any developer you outsource really only has to take an existing client, XNA/Orion/Flouresence, and improve on it.
[doublepost=1527612973][/doublepost]I would personally recommend outsourcing a C# client. C++ is great but not needed for this outdated game and it really deviates from the primary language we all took the time to learn for our individual servers.
[doublepost=1527613078][/doublepost]With the advent of Runescape closing it’s servers down indefinitely there is room to expand for money using a runescape emulator and that game, being identical to UO in every way except graphics, is browser based 100%.
[doublepost=1527613664][/doublepost]
O
I tried to get Orion client, but can't log on. or download. bad gateway.
You have a copy so I can play around with it?

I am kinda out of commission. Computer restriction by the wife so all my internet is now on my cellphone unfortunately; happy wife is a happy life, and when your wife is as hot as mine, you’d want to listen so you get laid ;)

As for coming back, maybe but not for a while. If I put the computer back up I will post a link to the files. I do have a lot of resources but I would rather hand them off to someone rather than mail or upload the hardware.

Back