SO FIRST OFF LOVE THIS GAME

so over the last couple days i have been checking out the fourms the register is terrible just saying it would not let me create an account without facebook just a note not crying love you guys maybe its my browser anyway....

anyways i have been playing around with RunUO 2.5 tried to add Distro 2. something

would not spawn creatures in the edit spawns it says no premium spawns found i followed all installation instructions
also gm character gets stuck & disappears can teleport to free him
i have tested with three different clients but no go

fresh install
then i got xmlspawner & it throws errors about the xmlmobfactions even after i took it out which is a must for me
i did install xml spawn with out extras still no love
& the server throws some error on a hide female armor item then asks to delete & crashes server
y
crash!?!?
I am newbie hate that stupid word but its true, is what i am

SideQuest:Do I need to clean registry before fresh installs everytime... do not like doing this

edit also i have been looking in fourms for solutions but have not found simular errors like mine so thats why i posted new thread i may have missed something if someone has a compiled zip with everything done already i would forever be in your debit i need to learn things i cant because i cant get passed the first steps. i will figure this thing out i will

Welcome to ServUO -you should try the ServUO Repo which has xml :)

i love coffee, i just do. yea i looked at that and am not sure how to do that yet im thinking runuo is done for but not comfortable with compiling i am currently reading up on this now

You could just download the zip package, extract then run the Win.bat which will compile the server :)

You could just download the zip package, extract then run the Win.bat which will compile the server :)
I would burn this or did he get me most the way home
I watched this almost helpful missing something i need maybe?
http://servuo.com/threads/servuo-for-beginners-git-github-and-you.1088/

guy in video just hits servuo exe and it starts i think he forgot a step or something i dont wanna go punching a bunch of buttons liike an ape

X setup Git client
X clone/new
X Set Paths
X https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO.git

X create repository did this
X i used source tree
X i have it but when i hit servuo.exe
OpenUO Error: client files not found (im looking at the client right infront of me i got it its no illusion)

So do i...
You could just download the zip package, extract then run the Win.bat which will compile the server

i could not find a zip package anywhere not sure what this refferences to... any help would be mucho awesomo

oh no im sorry it also says stuff like scripts: skipping vb.net scripts done,,,,

tiledata.mul was not found
make sure your scripts/misc/datapath.cs is properly configured
(it goes on about systenreflection target invocation exception:
some stuff about tile data some ServUO\Server\
it appears to be telling me that things are missing from the file where the server is located but its there

this exception is fatal, press return to exit

it crashes im sure its me if this helps in the video i watched when he opened server the interface was a nice complete windows app
but this is just a prompt box like runuo

its got to be me i know it

Correct you do need to set you datapath.cs script -which is in Scripts/Misc/Datapath.cs
this would be an example how where to change
  1. * /private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";
    Go to your game client open it, copy the path and enter it above

hahahhahahahaha im sorry Milva im dumbdumb i walked away for a while & i forgot i didnt change my ip / server name what a dumbdumb i really appreciate your patience

it really is me it is lololol its been a long day

Code:
private static readonly string CustomPath = @"C:\Server";

That needs to say the path to the client directory you want your server to run off. Where you changed it above is commented out and therefore ignored.

Code:
private static readonly string CustomPath = @"C:\Server";

That needs to say the path to the client directory you want your server to run off. Where you changed it above is commented out and therefore ignored.

in runuo you dont need notepad++ to edit serverlist script or you do i forgot ima dumbdumb i got it now... ty though... im sittin here like fatal whats fatal like a paragon in my mop the target lighted red lol dumb "why do i keep dieing"!?!? newbie

Back