:rolleyes: Hi guys!
I am new and I will ask a lot of questions! I hope you will be patient and willing to help this old dummy!!!!
At the moment I am discovering the beautiful world of building for UO. BUT!!! Also the feeling of frustration when I can not understand how to do something or it does not go the way I'd want :D

I hope this nerd will find some help here!

Thank you in advance!

Questions are always welcome. Answers are harder to come by, but we try.

Wait for it.................ok, go.

HERE!!!
1st question: (I hope I can make myself clear since I am a heck of a rookie LOL)
I'd like to import some graphics of clothes, weapons, armors to use with pandora or uofiddler or CentrED. "My"scripter and I are working on a local UO shard and I'd like to add some new graphics for races, clothes, weapons and items and animals. I am learning how to build/modify houses but what about new items?
2nd question: I made the mistake to delete some roof tiles. I found the same tile with CentrEd, i tried to put it in place of those ones I deleted: the first one, ok, the second one, ok... the third one did not want to go to the exact place I wanted it to be. I put the cursor on the empty spot but the tile appeared some 5/6 tiles away.... sadness....
3rd: how can I connect my uofiddle to the ultima client?
Thank you so much for all the help you'll be able to give!
In case I can add on skype if a martyr... ehm... a good soul will be willing to help an old ultima lover to spread the Ultima love! :)

1. Use UOFiddler to import new art/gumps. There are a few tutorials around the forums detailing how that works.
2. Sometimes you have to adjust the tile z due to another tile beneath it having an inaccurate height set in tiledata. Its a common happenstance. In CED you can raise and lower the z of the tile so it sits at the correct place.
3. In Fiddler, you have to set the file path. Go to "Settings" tab, and select "Path Settings". Then select "Set Path Manual" and point it to your files. Then go back into "Settings" and select "Reload Files" and you're good to go.

1. Use UOFiddler to import new art/gumps. There are a few tutorials around the forums detailing how that works.
2. Sometimes you have to adjust the tile z due to another tile beneath it having an inaccurate height set in tiledata. Its a common happenstance. In CED you can raise and lower the z of the tile so it sits at the correct place.
3. In Fiddler, you have to set the file path. Go to "Settings" tab, and select "Path Settings". Then select "Set Path Manual" and point it to your files. Then go back into "Settings" and select "Reload Files" and you're good to go.

first of all, thank you for the reply.

1) can you please suggest some link?
2) thank you so much, I will try!
3) and by doing this I will be able to work on the houses/characters of my ultima client to modify them?

I know I may sound stupid, but these are my very first steps.... sorry.

We were all stupid about this stuff at one point. I still am fairly often.

3 - Can you be more specific as to what you're wanting to do? Add new images to the game? Modify existing images? Build a house on the map? Wear a new piece of armor? There are different answers depending on what you mean.

(yes, but I feel superstupid now.... :()

Exactly, all of them!
For example: I was trying to understand now.
I have:

- Pandora's Box
- CentrED+
- UOFiddler

The first things I need to learn are:

- how to build a home and put it in my map on the "shard"
- how to add new beautiful graphics to my mul files: I mean, how to add (for example) a series of elven clothes apart from the ugly basilar ones I have in my default files, or animals, horses, and so on.

I saw that with Pandora's box I can defreeze a home, delete some parts. I can not see the changes (that's awful because I can not see if I delete what I want or something more, as it happened...). I have to go to my pandora folder, take the files and put them in the Ultima client folder, then log in again and then see the changes. Then I can change walls and doors (for examples) and freeze them. (is it correct to freeze them like this??)

With CentrED+ I saw that I can not log in at the same time with the ultima client and with CentrED. I open CentrED, I change what I want to.
Then it happened that I logged in the Ultima client and I FOUND WHAT I BUILT WITH CentrED floating in the air........... I had to wipe it manually. I really don't know how this could happen.
Anyway I believe that the correct method would be: create a home (or anything) with centered than (as with pandora) change place to the files from a folder to another... right?

-UOFiddler. I see a beautiful list of items, animations, animals, hair, clothes.... but what do I do with them??
How do I transport them to my map?

I hope I made myself clear enough... I started last week and I am soooo confused right now..... so sorry again for the confusion in my explenation... and thank you again for all your help! :rolleyes:

You might consider learning one program at a time :)
Have you read this http://www.servuo.com/archive/centred.187/

I would search for any Tutorials which you can find

Safera has this on Runuo http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/adding-custom-wearables-clothing-armor-weapons.534840/

Many have started using

• Praxiiz's Ultima Live allow you to freeze your deco into the map, and then streams it to your players, no more files to distribute. It's some kind of magic...

Thank you so much for the help so far!
I am trying to figure it out somehow.
Do you know where I can find a complete GUIDE (or tutorial) to the use of CentrED Plus?
It would be really useful! Thank you!

I got that point already, and I am using it somehow, but I need a guide to explain how does it work on the field, what all the buttons are for and so on.
"How to" guide, not the installation.
(thank you anyway!)

Back