Shafev

Hi All now since shroud of avatar client is free to download any plans on making emulator version of it???

That is your opinion. I am okay with that. But if its free and open why not build emulator around it and then those can be non cash cows. But if you look at 99% of games today its all about money making. But then again Who Makes game not to make money That would just be plain not very smart. If I am making game, I am going to make money out of it.

what I am saying is we either work for the man or we are the man.

I was stating points but seems there some toxic people on this forum that can not handle it.

I think the issue here is that SOA is another game and that would be a completely new project with its own website. We are working with ServUO and can support RunUO on this site sins ServUO was based on it. If you are interested you could always ask if there is anyone else interested in SOA and would like to join you in a project to write an emulator for that game. But it will be a lot of work sins all tools need to be created. Then the team needs to figure out how to break the encryption that protects the traffic before it is possible to log network packets. Then finally figure out how everything does working under the hood. This is time-consuming.

-Grim

I think it's illegal to do it for SoA. I think the only reason UO is emulated so freely is because of licenses and copyright back then? All I know is if SoA is ripped off for emulation that there will be a lot of angry "Backers". I personally backed it for 45 bucks and was severely disappointed. That game sucks compared to UO. The whole idea of allowing regular people to contribute to designing the game makes me cringe... If Lord Britain was the only designer then maybe it would be good...

All SOTA turned out to be as a fundraiser so they could get trashed and make dev videos drunk. They were using unity and making a shit game that they said would be released for years and years while they continued to get hammered and blow user's money.
Post automatically merged:

Lord British decided to appear one week in game. I have a screenshot somewhere of me playing midi "You can't touch this" on a lute next to him.

I feel sorry for the people that spent thousands and thousands on the shit houses in it too. Every week all they did was add more crap to their store and promise release.

Yeah that house buying aspect of the game really turned me off. Also... One of the houses had these fake lame floating rocks that you had to jump up to enter the house... I thought that was lamest thing I ever saw.

Sorry to necroing this, hope it is not prohibited. I have found some info https://github.com/KonssnoK/ultima_online_misc/wiki/Hacking_SotA

Personally I dislike the idea of selling ingame items. But the point is that the game itself (without this silly fundraising things) is not so bad and the style is somewhat similar to UO. We could possibly make the game feel like UO. Good thing is that the client is in C# and modifiable.

Back