Hello,

i am new here. ;) Stumbled over this site while reading on craft uo.

Is there an overview thread or something like that, where i can get more information about servuo?

Blackstorm

I thought maybe there is some kind of overview. Where someone can read about the purpose of this project? I've searched the forums and found some infos, but i thought maybe there is some official project overview which discribes what makes servuo different from runuo and what the plans for the future are.

Maybe I should explain why i am searching for an uo Emulator.

I am not building a big freeshard, but from time to time i make my own homesserver. I played UO first time in 1997. I am following uo emulation almost since it's existent, so i have seen a lot of emulators and different projects trying to make a new fork and many of them failed. The past years runuo (since 2008) was the emulator i preferred. Now it's time for a homeshard again and i am searching for the best emulator to use.

UO is something i have to come back ever and ever. I think many of you know what i mean. There is something special about that game which i never found in another game. Even shroud of the avatar is not like UO, maybe it's only nostalgia. Now i want to make a homeshard which i want to customize for my liking.

The main things that sets ServUO apart, especially from RunUO, is the use of up to date (or as close as possible) .NET frameworks, and content such as SA and the beginnings of HS (RunUO has struggled to have ML content finished).

Couple those two things with an extremely (over)active member community, and an actual legitimately friendly environment and thats what sets ServUO apart.

Thank you for your help. After reading some more forum threads i think i will give it a try. Everything sounds very promising.

Back