Hi, i want to start a new Server using ServUO as main CORE Emulator but i need to know about hardware and bandwith requirements.
I already looked the forum but I did not found an exact answer, if i'm planning to have around of 100 clients connected:
1- How much RAM i need?
2- What about the CPU?
3- Bandwith?

I know that many factors affects that things but i'm trying to get an estimative number.

Btw, there is:
4- Some tip/s to get more hardware/bandwith performance?
5- Any info/tutorial about better use of ServUo?
6- Any advice about Server Hosting that you wanna give me?

Thanks for all, and have a nice day! :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english, its not my native language :p

I run a server on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

With a default RunUO/ServUO server you can probably get away with spending as little as 20 bucks/mo on a VPS for a 2 core 2gb RAM machine. 3gb is comfortable - you can run in excess of 100 players without much issue. I'd recommend such a setup for a startup server, when I started my shard I ran both the server and website (including MySQL service) on a single 2 core 2gb machine. There were really no noticeable issues.

I'd recommend NFOServers based on my own experience with them.

I run a server on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

With a default RunUO/ServUO server you can probably get away with spending as little as 20 bucks/mo on a VPS for a 2 core 2gb RAM machine. 3gb is comfortable - you can run in excess of 100 players without much issue. I'd recommend such a setup for a startup server, when I started my shard I ran both the server and website (including MySQL service) on a single 2 core 2gb machine. There were really no noticeable issues.

I'd recommend NFOServers based on my own experience with them.

Hi Jack, thanks for response in this thread!
Seems that Hardware wouldn't be a problem, but what about bandwith? I searched in many Threads of RunUo Forums and says that the average consumption per user is about 2/5 kbps. That number is near to be correct?
i would like to using the Vps service that you recommend but i'm from Latin America and probably my users are going to experiment lag issues by the distance.
Thanks! :)

Threads of RunUo Forums and says that the average consumption per user is about 2/5 kbps.
Yes, that's about right. You can see how much bandwidth is being used through Razor if you run around and watch the tab. If you aren't moving around it's an extremely low amount of bandwidth.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a package that doesn't come with enough bandwidth.

Yes, that's about right. You can see how much bandwidth is being used through Razor if you run around and watch the tab. If you aren't moving around it's an extremely low amount of bandwidth.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a package that doesn't come with enough bandwidth.

Hi again Jack! Yep i already make a test with razor but i want to understand:

From Razor "Help & Status" windows:
Send: Client TO Server.
Recv: Server TO Client.

That it's right?

So the "Recv" helps me to calculate the Upload Speed that i need in the Server, right?
Another thing the values are showing in "B/s" or "KB/s" so i need to convert them to kbps??

Thanks for all, i really appreciate your help! :)

Back