ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Has anyone ever messed with or edited these sections in the HouseFoundation.cs? I am curious and have questions....
Code:
       public int MaxLevels
       {
           get
           {
               MultiComponentList mcl = this.Components;

if (mcl.Width >= 14 || mcl.Height >= 14) What do these numbers mean and what happens if they are edited or increased?
                   return 4; This would be the 3 story plus roof correct?
               else
                   return 3; This would be the 2 story plus roof?  Can these be increased?
           }
       }

public static int GetLevelZ(int level, HouseFoundation house)
       {
           if (level < 1 || level > house.MaxLevels)
               level = 1;

return (level - 1) * 20 + 7;
       }

public static int GetZLevel(int z, HouseFoundation house) I am still trying to understand this. But is it possible to increase the levels? Say make a 4 or 5 level house?
       {
           int level = (z - 7) / 20 + 1;

if (level < 1 || level > house.MaxLevels)
               level = 1;

return level;
       }
Is increasing the number of floors even possible? I would like to try if it is and any help to guide me in the right direction would be appreciated

Yes, it is using the arbitrary measurement of the width or height to determine how many floors it should support.
It makes an assumption that all multis that are at least 14 tiles wide or long should support the full 4 floors.
The client is hard-coded in a similar way, in that it knows how many floors are available for a given multi ID.
Changing these values will result in packets containing unexpected data, that will likely just crash the client.

Yes, it is using the arbitrary measurement of the width or height to determine how many floors it should support.
It makes an assumption that all multis that are at least 14 tiles wide or long should support the full 4 floors.
The client is hard-coded in a similar way, in that it knows how many floors are available for a given multi ID.
Changing these values will result in packets containing unexpected data, that will likely just crash the client.
Thank you. Glad I didn't mess with it.

Back