In new client ( v. 7.0.46.0) there is no new housing elements inside multi.mul, only in MultiCollection.uop. As we all know we need multi.mul to run server so, could someone help me figure out how to make server read housing elements from MultiCollection.uop or how to extract multi.mul and multi.idx from MultiCollection.uop ?

Last edited:
I'm guessing that's where the new multi-based interior stairs are?
Since they don't show up in UOFiddler under the normal Multis tab.
Looks like we'll have to add some new file support if MultiCollection.uop is a new file.

Read is as usual uop, using a pattern to find a multi set - "build/multicollection/??????.bin" i.e. build/multicollection/000016.bin its multi ID 16 - Large Boat (north)

structure of each bin:
in32 multiID, int32 itemsCound, (8 bytes)

loop(itemsCount)
{short itemid, short xOffset, short yOffset, ushort zOffset, short isInvisible, short isBoatRope, short unknown} (14 bytes each)

MultiCollections.uop contains an extra file housing.bin - at the moment I dont know a structure, but it's seems to be a custom housing database with all categories, names? etc. I could be pretty usefull for validation custom housing instead of .txts.

I haven't yet had to do this for any specific reason and I'm running client 7.0.53.1.

I'll get back on this when I get a chance, still developing a standardised UOP SDK to replace the hacky edits in Ultima.dll

I haven't yet had to do this for any specific reason and I'm running client 7.0.53.1.

I'm using client 7.0.53.1 too. But, i'm migrating UO:ML to UO:TL and i have custom houses in multi.mul and multi.idx, but the new version uses only MultiCollection.uop, so i can't move multis to free slots.
Pehaps this code may to help: http://wklej.to/Az1SO

I'm guessing that's where the new multi-based interior stairs are?
Since they don't show up in UOFiddler under the normal Multis tab.
Looks like we'll have to add some new file support if MultiCollection.uop is a new file.
I was digging through the repo and couldn't see any updates that indicate MultiCollection is supported yet.
Am I missing something or is it still being worked on?

Yo guys, did anyone find solution yet ?
We still need to know how to implement our multi.mul and multi.idx to multicolletion.uop badly.
Or just no one care anymore ?
Thx.

Yes, this is well above my pay grade as well. The new houses will display, but will not work property, ie opening doors, etc as the Multi Component List is not present. @Voxpire, any progress with this?

Doors aren't included in the actual multi component lists, those are added after when you create the BaseHouse object.

Or did I miss a point? :D

They are included in the MCL, they are just flagged to disappear when you actually lay out the multi. That's why they appear in housing preview house and boat previews (tillerman, mooring lines, etc). What i meant was, after the actual functional items are added, the MCL isn't loaded which tells the server if you are inside the hosue or not. Thanks to @argalep, this has been fixed as we can now read and apply MultiCollection.uop properly. I will have a branch soon so we can test the new houses. @Tasanar has agreed to run this on a test server on Heritage if anyone would like to help.

Any chance of a RunUO fix too? I'd dearly love to be able to upgrade from client 7.0.31.0 but I need a way to get my houses into the MultiCollection.uop too. How are you guys doing that?

ughh. Thank God I found this after working through Fireball's house tutorial successfully on 7.0.15.0 , I tried on newer client and multis go in just fine in Fiddler but nothing in game. I did an [area interface where basemulti and pulled a wall out of the ground but nothing else lmao. Fireball, your tutorial was amazing btw. Back to 7.0.15.0

Thank you Doc. I believe it works up until client 7.0.34.x but I can't seem to find a copy of that anywhere so I'm still using 7.0.31.0 which means no ridable tigers or peacocks and beyond. Someone pointed me at a .UOP tool but I've not had a chance to look at it yet. I will try to find the link and add it here

OK it was Legacy Mul Converter 2018 version:

I have tried this now and although it performs the conversion without error it doesn't work. I mean that it does not show the custom houses in-game. I'm not convinced it is actually doing the conversion properly but I can't check the exported MUL files because Fiddler just hangs when I try to view a multi. Mulpatcher also throws its usual error which is "Can't allocate the DIB handle" which as far as I can gather means that it doesn't have enough memory to load the bitmaps.

Really needs one of the bright sparks to update Fiddler to handle these files.

Yeah, Fiddler is doing that to me now on any newer client. Hangs up and shows a big red x across the multi viewport. They work fine as long as I'm using a client without the multicollection.uop so I assume multis get packed now as well.

Yeah, Fiddler is doing that to me now on any newer client. Hangs up and shows a big red x across the multi viewport. They work fine as long as I'm using a client without the multicollection.uop so I assume multis get packed now as well.

That echoes my own experiences and is the reason I'm stuck with my client version 7.0.31.1 or something and that is holding me back.

Does anyone know of somewhere where these UOP file formats are defined?

I hope someone can help you. Your guide was really great, I'd been trying to figure out how to add houses for a long time. Good luck!

Back