I found these awesome mini dungeon addons on the RunUO forums that load up fine. But I want to change a few parts of them. Like some colors, add some things, remove some things. Is there a way to make an addon from a addon generator editable without trying to figure out the inside of the script? I want to just edit it in game. Thanks :)

I already have an addon generator. I searched through that entire thread and can't seem to find an answer to my question. I want to be able to edit an already created addon structure that was already generated. For example using the generator I added a cool dungeon addon that I found on RunUO but I want to change a small part of it. Is there a way to do that in game? If I try deleting any single part of an addon it deletes the whole thing. Like can I unfreeze it?

I already have an addon generator. I searched through that entire thread and can't seem to find an answer to my question. I want to be able to edit an already created addon structure that was already generated. For example using the generator I added a cool dungeon addon that I found on RunUO but I want to change a small part of it. Is there a way to do that in game? If I try deleting any single part of an addon it deletes the whole thing. Like can I unfreeze it?
Oh i see. There is no such thing that I know of. You would have to create it all again and then generate from scratch. Hopefully someone else has a better answer. Sorry.

Reactions: ExX
Only way is to go into the script and change itemids and the hue, it can be done but you need to know the exact item you want changed/hued :) Or like Jeff mentioned- rebuild it

Wait.
You can make a public accessor for the addon parts so you can get the list from another script:
(BaseAddon.cs)
Code:
private List<AddonComponent> m_Components;
Code:
public List<AddonComponent> Components { get { return m_Components; } };

and then make a script that does:

Code:
if ( target is AddonComponent )

foreach ( AddonComponent c in targetAddon.m_Components )
{
	Static st = Activator.CreateInstance( typeof(Static) );
	st.ItemID = c.ItemID;
	st.MoveToWorld(c.Location, c.Map);
	st.Light = c.Light;	//light stuff, not sure if it's the right name.
}

targetAddon.Delete();	//to delete the addon you targetted.

Im having trouble understanding. So your saying create an item with with that target code and target the addon in game will make it editable?

That sounds like exactly what I need Hammerhead. Then I can just remake it into a addon. Thank you so much!

Hammer is correct with the Addon2Static, but you need to be careful using it, because if an addon has more than 20,000 pieces (and some do because people forget to remove pieces that won't ever be seen) and you use Addon2Static, you'll crash your client and won't be able to log back in, so you'll have to use another Admin character to pull yourself to a safe place and try again. I would place the addon, then get half of it on the screen if it's a large one, then use Addon2Static. ;)

Thanks a lot for that tip. These dungeon addons are kind of large but I don't think that large. Regardless I'll be sure to be cautious. :)

Forgot about the Addon2Static script :) there is one in custom releases on here also if needed

couldnt you place the addon then freeze it to map. take the map files edit with centred plus then put it back in client folder. then if you wanted copy it again with uo architect or create a new addon with add gen? if you want to place it in more than one place

@Omegaexdeath
I don't know if it made it to ServUO, but someone released a Cathedral addon on RunUO awhile back. Everyone that tried to place the addon crashed the moment it was dropped. The item count was crazy, well over 20,000 pieces.

Here is what I've learned when it comes to building large structures:

If you're building a structure with multiple levels for your shard - Building each level as it's own addon will help keep the item count under 20K. Then place it on a map for your shard, place a level, then freeze it, place the next level and freeze it, rinse, repeat as needed.

If you're building a structure with multiple levels for public release - Same as above, but just keep each level as it's own addon file, zip it and release it.

If it's just a huge building - Split it up and down. Think of a cheese slicer...you're building the addon in sections, but not levels.

In any case, please remember that while it helps during the building process to perhaps start with a solid foundation, you don't NEED the whole foundation once it's completed. Since there's no such thing as First-Person View in UO, certain blocked areas don't even need to exist (they are just extra pieces contributing to a higher item count).

@tass23 thats all well & good but i think hes trying to make edits to an existing addon so i was just throwing that out there as way to edit the addon & then save it so he can place it as he wants to. not sure size is even an issue for him so ya
centred is the best way to edit hues & replace statics fast (Once you know how to use it & you get the stupid xml file right)

but i do not make any in game structure edits takes way to long & just boring to do. so Thats how i do

Yup just to edit an existing addon. Which Addontostatic helped a lot with. I was able to re-edit it and re-create the addon. This is all very useful information though. Mucho appreceated. :)

Back