basic xmlspawner can detect player to near spawner, it just respawn

how can set up this option? help me thx:(

Open the XMLSpawner and click on "Props". On the far right you will see the SmartSpawning, set it to true

.Capture copy.jpg

basic xmlspawner can detect player to near spawner, it just respawn

how can set up this option? help me thx:(
Unless you're talking about a Proximity trigger. In the same properties window Tukaram is talking about, you'll see:
ProximityMsg - The message you can have appear when the Xmlspawner is triggered.
ProximityRange - Any amount besides -1 will increase the area around the Xmlspawner which defines the area it can be triggered (turn on ShowBounds to see the actual range
PoximitySound - The sound that players here when the Xmlspawner triggers.

You don't have to set the Msg or the Sound, but you have to have a number higher than 0 in the Range for Proximity spawning to work.

Unless you're talking about a Proximity trigger. In the same properties window Tukaram is talking about, you'll see:
ProximityMsg - The message you can have appear when the Xmlspawner is triggered.
ProximityRange - Any amount besides -1 will increase the area around the Xmlspawner which defines the area it can be triggered (turn on ShowBounds to see the actual range
PoximitySound - The sound that players here when the Xmlspawner triggers.

You don't have to set the Msg or the Sound, but you have to have a number higher than 0 in the Range for Proximity spawning to work.
Hey Tass,
If I wanted to make it easier, since most all spawns are going to be set as smart spawning=True - Can I go into the XMLSpawner file(if that is correct) and within that file I can change the range, respawn rates and set the smart spawning to true? ** basically set the defaults for my XML spawners**
Correct?

Shazzy;)

No, that won't work for Xmlspawners that are already placed. You can use Xmlfind to quickly go through and make all those changes. In the event you have an Xmlspawner that is set to Proximity and you're trying to use Smart Spawning, they don't play together very well. Also there is XmlAdd, which allows EACH user to set default values for the Xmlspawners they place. So, if your character always places Xmlspawners with the same settings, you can save those and from that point forward, every Xmlspawner you place will have those settings (unless you manually change them).

I guess I am doing something wrong.
If I do .xmladd it brings up that gump showing all the different things. I can change the spawn area, the name - in place of spawner - then I hit SAVE
It says "Saved defs to file
Me-Shazzy defs

That is great, but if I do .add xmlspawner it has the default values, not the ones that I saved.
What, pray tell, am I doing wrong :/

I do not use the [xmladd command... but I think to place the spawner you have to click "add"? (lower left corner)

WOW thanks, I was hoping it would come up as the same gump as the xmlspawner itself, not always having to use the xmladd gump it gives you, bummer :(
Thanks!

Yeah, that gump does not work right in the enhanced client so I cannot use it. :)

Once you place the spawner it does come up with the same gump, though - just with your presets in it already.

Back