Is there a vid or steps to figure out how to carve out me some rivers? I've tinkered with Heights, But things don't look right to me? I took some screen shots of what i think what should be going on. Hoping someone might be able to explain to me more of the right direction or if I'm even close. I'm so confused! haha.

Attachments

• carve1.png
    carve1.png
    607.3 KB · Views: 12
  • carve2.png
    carve2.png
    1,022 KB · Views: 10
  • carve3.png
    carve3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • carve4.png
    carve4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Rivers are a tedious thing.

You begin with lowering the Z using whatever underwater texture you like, dirt etc. And then shape the river. All its sides and turns.

Then either keep the middle part with water Texture at your given water Z height and/ or just use water statics to fill the void.

UO water is typically -5 so, so if you're not doing translucent water just go with -10,-15 or something for the bottom texture

Youre pretty close but yes, rivers are very annoying to do

your layers should be
Land = 0
Water = -5
Underwater Land = -10

I really wish there was a brush for that lol

Youre pretty close but yes, rivers are very annoying to do

your layers should be
Land = 0
Water = -5
Underwater Land = -10

I really wish there was a brush for that lol
kk, Thanks. I will dig out my shovel and try again.
Rivers are a tedious thing.

You begin with lowering the Z using whatever underwater texture you like, dirt etc. And then shape the river. All its sides and turns.

Then either keep the middle part with water Texture at your given water Z height and/ or just use water statics to fill the void.

UO water is typically -5 so, so if you're not doing translucent water just go with -10,-15 or something for the bottom texture
i didn't know you could lower using a different texture? how is that? whhaaaaaa? can ya send me a screen shot? And I thought edges where bad. lol!!
ahh nm I get where your going Mr. Riots, draw up the lining of the river first.. *nods* Makes sense.

Last edited:
Back