Last night I set up my test shard under Ubuntu for the first time. I then closed my terminal and haven't looked at it again until today. When I reconnect to my test server, I can see the process is still running fine and I can connect to the shard fine.

What I'm confused about, is how can I get back to that process so I can see what is being output in the console? The console sometimes includes some important information that can give clues to debugging things on a live server, such as when players are having trouble trying to connect.

I have never used Linux/Mono before so this is probably a very newbie question, but I haven't successfully found a solution for it via Google

The usual answer to this is nohup, but servuo hates this. Type "man screen" I'm your terminal and settle in for a read. Basically screen let's you run a terminal process, detach from it, and reattach to it later. It's got about a thousand other features, but that is the most basic use.

I've been running it tmux just for debugging, but I think the best way would be to make it into a systemd service, then use logger & logrotate to actually store the logs as files.

Back