hello people :D im thiking to apply this rule in my shard... any ideas on how to make it? basically i wanna make this :

when a player is on ghost mode they cannot see "bodys, mobiles, npc, and players" basically only the map... people are using ghosts to raid people and i wanna solve that apllying this rule please help me :)

Interesting idea, I would argue that it is possible! I'm 99% sure I remember a LOS system back on RunUO, from the same creator as the Random Encounters, His name escapes me atm. Either research what He did or think outside the box, nothing is impossible with c# <This is my motto!

*side note, I'll be playing around with this idea, if I come up with a solution I'll share here!

thx you golddraco :) i played a shpree shard since 12 years ago who uses this system basically a player who is in ghost mode cant see any body, or player. only statics and items like aknhs etc :) u understand i think hehe

One idea: Ultima is basically based on a game weed loading system. The higher the weeds, the less seen the figure. This could be used in this case. But I guess it will need intervention in the core of the emulator code.

hello people :D im thiking to apply this rule in my shard... any ideas on how to make it? basically i wanna make this :

when a player is on ghost mode they cannot see "bodys, mobiles, npc, and players" basically only the map... people are using ghosts to raid people and i wanna solve that apllying this rule please help me :)

Prevent sending MobileIncoming/MobileUpdate packets to players that are dead, one or two line edit to the core.

One idea: Ultima is basically based on a game weed loading system. The higher the weeds, the less seen the figure. This could be used in this case. But I guess it will need intervention in the core of the emulator code.

This can be achieved relatively easy as line of sight is all server-side.
You override the tile flags of specific item art id's by modifying the TileData item table entries.
The tiles you wish to block line of sight need the NoShoot flag.
Compensation for things like tiles with bad heights and such exists already, you can find examples in ItemFixes.cs

Prevent sending MobileIncoming/MobileUpdate packets to players that are dead, one or two line edit to the core.

This can be achieved relatively easy as line of sight is all server-side.
You override the tile flags of specific item art id's by modifying the TileData item table entries.
The tiles you wish to block line of sight need the NoShoot flag.
Compensation for things like tiles with bad heights and such exists already, you can find examples in ItemFixes.cs

thx for answer me Voxpire:) its an honor to get a answer from you... i dont wanna sound too n00b, but i can ask in what script or line i have to do that change? please? :) just commenting the line that send packets?

Another take on this is to get rid of ghosts. Use a knock out system instead of turning into a ghost.

Or teleport the ghost to a res/timeout area upon death, which once they resurrect there, they get teleport back to there corpse!

This was just a idea for those wanting to limit the access the ghost has during special events, which will effect the normal res system and will need to be expanded on for ones needs.

- Example for a Tournament

+Player upon death get sent to a res room
+Player is subjected to a time out of a minute
+Player is resurrected and sent back to a spawn point

Back