Hello,
i'm working to make a realistic Sleep System. To make it really realistic ( :D ) players that falls sleep have to "Close" their eyes.
So i've just added a "pm.LightLevel = 30" or "pm.LightLevel = 0" when needed but nothing seems to change on player's screen. I've played a littlebit with the [GlobalLight command and everything is working fine, i type the value and the "night" falls. Razor Negotiator is blocking lightlevels feature so ppl can't bypass my system.
I've checked the PlayerMobiles's override of CheckLightLevels and ComputeBaseLightLevels and then tryed to give a value directly there adding a if(Sleeping) but nothing changes...
So...why GlobalLight Command is working fine and changing manually LightLevel value of the PM does nothing? What i'm ignoring? Maybe i've to launch a MobileUpdate on lightlevel change? I'm so Confused.

p.s. Running on latest ServUO publish.

People will still be able to ''bypass'' your system, theres was an old program that was called ''Always Light Patch''.

Not sure if works with new clients thought.

But this will not demoralize me. I'm running a RP shard so the comunity should not be so "creative" to bypass some meccanism. I want to "blind" a target and for now i've found two only way:
1) move the player on z - 100 and create a clone on his position (i don't like this solution)
2) work with personal light levels but something seems to be unclear for me.
Any idea?

I don't knew if it would work, but how about you force open one gump on clients thats have all size and all black, and freezing player at same position?

I've already tryed, it works fine but it's not like i want to do it ^^ Blind ppl should anyways run and they can't do it with a great black opened gump :p

Thank you everyone for the reply!
Yeah! i'm already working with the FadeOut ScreenEffect but how to maintain the Black screen?

Back