After 12 years I'm tinkering again with my old uo shard. I've gotten everything working, including Pandora's Box with all my custom deco items.

Now I have added some new custom items, but I don't remember how to add them to Pandora. I have located a deco.xml file where I had added all the old custom items, but pandora doesn't seem to read it, and seems to captur all the deco info from Data.dll file.

Maybe I'm using a different version than the one I used years ago, or maybe I'm missing a step. Anyway, does anyone know how to add custom deco items to pandora's box 3?

I believe you have to re-compile Pandora's Box after updating deco.xml. This will re-compile data.dll, which pulls its info from deco.xml during the compile. (Someone please correct me if there is a different/easier way to do this).

You are right. Re-compiling I was able to generate data.dll file from deco.xml

Thanks a lot.

No problem! I have no idea why the creator went this route. It seems to me that any boost to performance isn't worth the drawback in making it so much more difficult for non-programmers to update the items list.

Back