Hi community!

I am wanting to add custom things to my little shard but I can't figure out why it keeps erroring out at the C# Compiling Stage. I installed different scripts one for example:

C#:
 + Services/CommunityCollections/CommunityCollectionGump.cs:
    CS0104: Line 589: 'Lobster' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Items.Lobster' and 'Server.Mobiles.Lobster'
    CS0104: Line 611: 'Lobster' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Items.Lobster' and 'Server.Mobiles.Lobster'
    CS0104: Line 636: 'Lobster' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Items.Lobster' and 'Server.Mobiles.Lobster'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

Other one is Dave;s Custom Ores ( https://www.servuo.com/threads/daves-custom-ores.12499/ ) I tried making them a custom folder and also tried replacing the originals files in the resources and still gets compile errors. I have yet to find a custom script to work for me. I am wondering if anyone can help? This is for ServUO. But otherwise, the server is working fine and operating normal when I do not have any custom scripts in it.

Attachments

• lobster.png
    lobster.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 12
I'll depend on the systems you are installing, if they require edits to the existing scripts vs stand alone plug and play systems!

With systems requiring edits to existing scripts, you'll need to take great care in merging in the code, one missed line of code could cause many issues. I would not attempt this until you are familiar with editing scripts!

If you are new, I would stick to plug and play scripts, they usually can be dropped into the scripts folder, no need to make any special folders unless you want to keep things organized, which most of us make a custom folder to keep custom work separated from the base scripts!

As for your error, Ambiguous means that you referenced two different things with the same name within the same class! Usually renaming one or deleting the duplicate will resolve this!

Thanks, I can understand the codes a little bit. But I must be just picking crazy stand alone scripts, cause they have been giving errors like that.

You also have to check when the script was released, what server it was released for, ie: SerUO (Version) or RunUO (Version), also what net frameworks is targeted as code has changed a lot since RunUO 1.0 (16 years of updates and counting as ServUO carries the torch)

Back