I have experience with Django and python. It's not difficult for me to implement an online shop for people to charge money and get tokens on it.

My question is : when I get successful message of people topping up on my website, how can I give them the sovereigns and golds they purchase? (I am just at the beginning of uo emulator, and it seems the players' information is not in a database.)

Right.

After the successful method, your web server remotely connect the local database of your PC to record the data and values of purchases.

Players request the database when opening the game store to show their current balance. After any purchases, you compare the value of the currency with the database and record the changes. This will work quickly, because your server will interact with the local database.

Right.

After the successful method, your web server remotely connect the local database of your PC to record the data and values of purchases.

Players request the database when opening the game store to show their current balance. After any purchases, you compare the value of the currency with the database and record the changes. This will work quickly, because your server will interact with the local database.
Thank you so much. I drew a schema of your solution.
Now the problem is how to check in the database and update changes in UO server. Is there any mature solution for it? Or do I have to build this checking and updating function from zero?

3bd567a2-f36e-4ce5-a221-eb11d189091a.png

The PayPal IPN feature is designed especially for cases like this;
If you listen over http on port 80 with a native .NET HttpListener, you can receive IPN messages and parse them to validate purchases directly within the shard's running process.
If the shard is down and PayPal doesn't receive a response, it will continue to retry until it does.
Using a single reward currency and in-game vendors is a LOT less work than managing all the individual items in the store and their associated server-side components.
You can also use an HttpListener to serve a single page from the shard that lists all the items you can buy from the vendors, but that page doesn't have to be a functional store - just a display window :p

Back