zerodowned

I think it's a question that has to be asked. UO in general has outdated graphics, but newer games are still using the birds-eye view for games, so I guess it's not that bad.

In my opinion there are some things that could make the game play in general less tedious compared to general RPGs or modern MMOs.

[pause for UO purists to rage or leave]

1. I've already started working on an alternate Sell list for NPCs to let players sell any item to a ANY and ALL NPC vendors. If I want to sell a Blacksmith regeants, he will buy them. If I want to sell a male butcher a dress, he will buy it.

2. Allow players to withdraw money or buy items from anywhere without allowing access to their bank. There are a number of different ways to go about this I just haven't looked into it yet.

3. Taking an idea from someone on RunUO, setting it so the taming/lore required to Tame a creature is not equal to the requirement to Control or Own the pet. This opens up a greater economy to Tamers. If players need to have the same taming/lore to both tame and own a pet, then they're far more likely to just go tame it themselves.
But set it so a player only needs 1/3 the required skills to own and control...now you've given the Tamer an advantage, especially on shards that still have a skill cap.

Hey man, I'm always down for new ideas.

1. Have you checked out the code within the Customizable Vendor? Its essentially what you're looking for, or at least could provide you with a good base.

2. I've seen this done, I think there are some threads on RunUO.

3. Great idea.

1. Have you checked out the code within the Customizable Vendor? Its essentially what you're looking for, or at least could provide you with a good base.
I'll take a look, but I've been using a modified SBInfo and adding it to NPCs.

2. I've seen this done, I think there are some threads on RunUO.
Thank you, i'll take a look.

I think it's a question that has to be asked. UO in general has outdated graphics, but newer games are still using the birds-eye view for games, so I guess it's not that bad.

In my opinion there are some things that could make the game play in general less tedious compared to general RPGs or modern MMOs.

[pause for UO purists to rage or leave]

1. I've already started working on an alternate Sell list for NPCs to let players sell any item to a ANY and ALL NPC vendors. If I want to sell a Blacksmith regeants, he will buy them. If I want to sell a male butcher a dress, he will buy it.

2. Allow players to withdraw money or buy items from anywhere without allowing access to their bank. There are a number of different ways to go about this I just haven't looked into it yet.

3. Taking an idea from someone on RunUO, setting it so the taming/lore required to Tame a creature is not equal to the requirement to Control or Own the pet. This opens up a greater economy to Tamers. If players need to have the same taming/lore to both tame and own a pet, then they're far more likely to just go tame it themselves.
But set it so a player only needs 1/3 the required skills to own and control...now you've given the Tamer an advantage, especially on shards that still have a skill cap.

1. A modified SBInfo file is a great way to go, however because of GenericBuy/Sell that most vendors inherit, you can sell anything to a vendor you allow them to buy back, but if you don't want them to be able to SELL that item back to players, things get very tricky. Example: I sell black pearls to a Blacksmith that I setup so he will accept them. He will turn around and offer them for purchase using GenericBuy/Sell.

2. There are a lot of ways to do this: There exists a Bank Bell (ring the bell and open your bank box from anywhere), Gold Ledgers, Checkbooks, etc. The ledgers and checkbooks are nice because they will show you what the balance of gold is you've added to them and they reduce the weight of the gold to 0, plus players can "write a check" for any amount they wish to give to a vendor.

3. That's a good idea. I've done something similar on my shard, but be careful when you get into the higher taming requirements because UO adds their own value to taming and control. Example: You have a dragon that requires 119.0 taming. It would take players a very long, long time to try and tame this monster and if they did manage to tame it, they would be unable to control it for more than one or two commands. Loyalty from a pet plays a role in controlling them as well.

Back