Is there some way to reset a quest on a player?

I have found that the quest to get into Gauntlet got bugged when one of my staff placed a "SummoningAltar" for deco in an event instead of an abbatoir.

So Victoria, the quest giver for the golden skull, took your 1000 daemon bones and summoned the bone demon. When you killed the bone demon the quest said it was completed but players did not get the golden skull. I presume this is because the second altar was well out of range of the monster and on the wrong map too.

For these players the quest says it is completed but they did not get the skull and they cannot get the quest again from Victoria because she thinks you already have it. The Quest log still brings up the quest each time you open it, but says it is completed. So you can't delete the quest from the gump.

So my question is, is there a command or some way I can clear that quest on a character so that they can do it again?

Thanks

Edit: Oh, I should add that I removed the second altar and the quest now works again for new people who do it, but it is not working for those that it got stuck for.

Last edited:
Cant the player themselves open their quest log and quit the quest and then start over?

The quest log is on the paper doll on classic client and on the tool bar in enhanced.

AHA! That's right.. I think I had an issue with this at one time … I think I just added a golden skull to the world for the ones trying to finish the quest. Once they crossed to the gauntlet everything was fine again.

I'd already tried getting a skull using another toon and giving it to the stuck one and went over to Gauntlet but that didn't reset the stuck quest for me. So I added something to the OnDragDrop method in Victoria.cs so that if a particular item was dropped on her it would reset the quest.

I used a magic key which is just an item I wrote which can be used by a non-lockpicker to open and make safe a dungeon chest or locked door (not houses or boats obviously!). But it could be any item that a GM can just give to anyone for whom this quest is stuck. If we get the issue with another quest I will likely make a scroll item or something called "Quest Reset Scroll" and use that instead but as only a handful of players had this problem my solution was quick and easy.

So I just put this at the end of the OnDragDrop method which is where it checks if you have dropped daemon bones on her.

Code:
if ( dropped is MagicKey )
{
	qs.Cancel();
}

Now when you drop the key on her you get a message that the quest has been cancelled and your 1000 bones returned to you and now you can get the quest again and it completes fine.

Hope this helps out anyone else.

D

So I'm having this same issue with doom gauntlet where someone can't pick up another quest or complete it. Had to add a vendor stone and tried your edit but it's not fixing it it continues to have to cancel it from the edit.
Post automatically merged:

Also it doesn't show in the quest log

Do you have a SummoningAltar somewhere else in the game? Until I got rid of my extra one, my quest kept hanging up.

Does it show in the quest log? I don't think it does? Anyways I was trying to find out if there was a deed you had made or another route I dont think there is another alter either.

do
[XmlFind SummoningAltar
and click Search
There should only be the one in Doom dungeon, Malas.

It doesn't matter what the item is that you use, as long as it is named in the script modification. You could use a FishSteak if you wanted. The mod I made to the script resets the quest if that item is dropped onto the quest NPC Victoria. But if you have more than one SummoningAltar in the game this will keep happening.

Attachments

• Victoria.cs
    4.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back