ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
I would like the spawner to be in one spot, but once the mobiles spawn, have them all run to a different location.
Example, spawner set to spawn by the local tavern door to simulate them leaving the establishment. but they then walk to the next establishment that's maybe a screen away.

Any suggestions are welcome and thanks for replying.

There is a "waypoint" property in the xmlspawner properties (last one before the x1 y1), I haven't used it but from developing games on a different engine I know waypoints are usually the key to moving AI to a certain point. Worth a try. :)

There is a "waypoint" property in the xmlspawner properties (last one before the x1 y1), I haven't used it but from developing games on a different engine I know waypoints are usually the key to moving AI to a certain point. Worth a try. :)
I'm not seeing this on the menu, could you elaborate on where I can find this setting?

What are Waypoints?
Waypoints are locations that a mob will move to when it is in its default wandering mode (just walking around without a target to attack).
Multiple waypoints can be chained together so that when a mob reaches a waypoint it will then begin moving toward the next waypoint in the chain.
You would do this if you wanted mobs to follow a specified path.
You add waypoints by placing waypoint 'runes' on the ground in the world. A common way of doing this is with the command
[add waypoint
to create a waypoint rune and place it in the world. Keep adding as many as you would like to have in your chain of waypoints.
Then to link them together just double click each rune and then target the next one in the chain.
Setting spawns to follow waypoints?
To spawn things that will follow those waypoints, just set the Waypoint property on the spawner to point to the starting waypoint (set the property on the spawner and target the waypoint rune).
When you save xmlspawners that have a Waypoint setting, either the name (if the waypoint has been named) or the Serial id of the waypoint will also be saved so that if you reload the spawner the waypoint setting will be restored.

which does have a little more info

I'm not seeing this on the menu, could you elaborate on where I can find this setting?
After you place a xml spawner dbl klik it on the ground, and you will get a gump popup, right side towards bottom there's a box that says "Props" click that and you get a different gump, then again on the right side near the bottom you'll see waypoints. This is where you'll enter the way point runes that Visam posted about

Back