1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy-Ho

Discussion in 'New Join Forum' started by maphreal, Feb 2, 2014.

1. maphreal

maphreal New Member

Hi all! Currently working on a custom RunUO shard and am considering going through the tons of work it would take for me to switch to ServUO. I'm really loving the things going on here, but considering it may put me back 1-2 months on development to bring all my custom stuff up to par, I'm not 100% sure it's worth it.

Anyone got any good reasons that I may not have considered on why I should (or should not) make the switch?

2. m309

Admin Moderator ServUO Developer

The top 2 reasons:

1. Updated content
    2. Continued development (RunUO is stagnant currently)

Also, I'd shoot at an upgrade taking much less than you anticipate...maybe a week at most depending on the amount of custom content you have. Most custom content works flawlessly from RunUO to ServUO, the majority of the tweaks needed would be minor and certainly no rewrites.

3. Hank

Hank Active Member

Welcome to the SevUO Community maphreal.

I moved my 6month+ work in progress highly customized shard from Runuo to Servuo a few months ago. The change honestly was not too difficult. Due ServUO being ForkUO being a fork of Runuo. almost everything that works on Runuo Works on Servuo.

4. Ravenwolfe

Moderator ServUO Developer

5. maphreal

maphreal New Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll give the conversion a go over the next few days and see just how much work it's going to be.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk