I want to get the server hosted in April, which is a ways away but family has hounded me to make sure to know well before then how much to expect to pay. Everyone is putting in to cover the cost. So anyone know any good sites to get me started, i been goggling but i feel better when "friends" like you guys who know things about this that i dont, recommend good starting points. Thanks again and i hope this post isnt prohibited. If it is, please delete .

If you're just hosting a family shard, do it yourself. If you're planning on getting 100+ players online, you're going to look at around 200/month or more, depending on your setup and needs. It's really pretty server specific as to what you need.

@Rochaven How dare you ask that question here!? Banned!

Sorry, I just had to. :p

I agree with Ravenwolf, and I also think you can get a great dedicated server for around or under $100 US dollars that would handle around, or in excess of, 100 players easily. Your best bet is to just google the crap out of dedicated servers, vps servers etc until you find a datacenter you like, with rates that work for you, and a system that has the specs you want.

LOL M309 ! Your post made me panick ! Dont do that ! LOL Anyhow, Thanks for all the ideas everyone, it's more than enough to get me on a strong search. I hope i am replying correctly here, as someone has told me i'm posting incorrectly and i do not fully understand how or what i was doing incorrectly . But anyhow thanks again everyone, you all are Great !

Back