Hello.
I am relatively new to modifying anim.mul and I was wondering if there is an easy way to pass an npc that occupies anim (H) to anim (L). I have searched the forum for information but found nothing.

I use fiddler to modify my .mul files but can't find a way to do it. It only allows me to download all the frames in .bmp and add them one by one ... is there any way to make it easier?
For example, the animation of walking in H occupies the number 0, change it to 0 of an animal L, the animation of standing in H 1 copy it in L 2, and do the same in the animations of attack, death, etc.

Thanks for the help!
Sorry for my bad English, I used the google translator ^_^u

Can you explain why you want to move an animation from H to L? because normally with new customers it's not useful and the H has more activities. You can play with the actions used with the flags of the mobtypes. If you really want to do it I did a tutorial on sphereserver on mounts that use UOPs with mulbuilder. It allows you to transfer your shares wherever you want.

Basically because I have the anim.mul full H animations and I wanted to insert new H npcs without losing the ones I already have, in this way I could convert them into L if I have some gaps to fill.

Where can I find the tutorial you mention?

Thanks a lot!

Do not use the anim.mul for H and L, it is indeed full but all the other animX.mul are far from being full.
Place your animation H in an animX.mul and then add it in the bodyconv.def and in your mobtypes.
For the mobtype take the similar flags in H from another creature that has exactly the same actions.

Faut pas utiliser l'anim.mul pour les H et L, il est en effet plein mais tout les autres animX.mul sont loin d'être rempli.
Place ton animation H dans un animX.mul et ensuite rajoute le dans le bodyconv.def et dans ton mobtypes.txt.
Pour le mobtype reprends le flags similaire en H d'une autre créature qui a exactement les mêmes actions.

The client version is not compatible with animX.mul
Using a client that allows it to do so disrupts all the work done over the years and I don't have in mind to repeat everything to adapt it.

If you can convert an H into a perfect L, if it is not possible, then nothing happens, but these alternatives are already contemplated and they are not viable without excessive work behind them.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but from what I understood from looking at tutorials, animsX.mul don't add new spaces, they just change the file from where you read them using bodyconv.def so as not to make a very large anim.mul (mine currently occupies more than 1gb)

so some shards we make the 2048 places of animations in a single anim.mul and it is clear that if you filled the 2048 free places that you just use the anim.mul or the other animX.mul via the bodyconv you will be stuck up.
Post automatically merged:

but if you only use one anim.mul I admit that I do not know how to help you.

The size of 1GB is a lot, can your client handle it? I think I read somewhere about a crash client when we overwhelm anim files.

If a player has a powerful computer, he will not recognize it. If weak, you risk his inability to play.

Back