ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
11.jpg
I haven't been able to solve this problem for days. I want to change the magic name that appears in the wizard book. I looked at the CliLoc.enu file, changed the Initializer.cs file, and tried the best I could, but I couldn't find the only way to change that.. If you know any knowledge, please share it with me..

Spellnames start at 1015163 in the cliloc file.
Energy Vortex is at 1015221. But this should be for inscription itself, not the spellbook

1018256, Energy Vortex but as creature name
1028038 is Energy Vortex too, but that is for spellscrolls I think.
1028377 also Energy Vortex
1044438 also Energy Vortex looks like inscription as well
3002068 also Energy Vortex, but that should be for the marcros

So there are 6 entries for Energy Vortex, and I think your best bet is 1028377

Spellnames start at 1015163 in the cliloc file.
Energy Vortex is at 1015221. But this should be for inscription itself, not the spellbook

1018256, Energy Vortex but as creature name
1028038 is Energy Vortex too, but that is for spellscrolls I think.
1028377 also Energy Vortex
1044438 also Energy Vortex looks like inscription as well
3002068 also Energy Vortex, but that should be for the marcros

So there are 6 entries for Energy Vortex, and I think your best bet is 1028377
Thank you for your answer
I replaced 1028377 and applied it, but it didn't change So I've changed all the other numbers, but they're still represented as Energy Vortex.. It's not an easy journey

I do believe this is hard coded into the Intrface.def file might be able to modify with classicuo not sure since I don't use classicuo but i know most defualt UO spell books are handled using the Intrface.def file.

I do believe this is hard coded into the Intrface.def file might be able to modify with classicuo not sure since I don't use classicuo but i know most defualt UO spell books are handled using the Intrface.def file.
Thank you for your answer.
I opened the Intrface.def file
But I'm not sure what to modify. How can I modify it to classicuo?? I'm sorry, I'm lacking a lot of knowledge..

Unfortunately your not going to find really anyone that can really help with editing the intrface file its a pretty good mystery how that damn thing works. Wish I knew myself.

Unfortunately your not going to find really anyone that can really help with editing the intrface file its a pretty good mystery how that damn thing works. Wish I knew myself.
It's unfortunate, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about this anymore Thank you so much for your precious time Thanks to you, I learned one more valuable information

Change the text in the spell's .cs file. For example, edit EnergyVortex.cs near this section:

public class EnergyVortexSpell : MagerySpell { private static readonly SpellInfo m_Info = new SpellInfo( "Energy Vortex", "Vas Corp Por", 260, 9032, false, Reagent.Bloodmoss, Reagent.BlackPearl, Reagent.MandrakeRoot, Reagent.Nightshade); public EnergyVortexSpell(Mobile caster, Item scroll) : base(caster, scroll, m_Info) { }

In SpellInfo, you see the name of the spell and the magic words spoken when it is cast. Edit the name there to whatever you want it to be and it should change every reference.

Change the text in the spell's .cs file. For example, edit EnergyVortex.cs near this section:

public class EnergyVortexSpell : MagerySpell { private static readonly SpellInfo m_Info = new SpellInfo( "Energy Vortex", "Vas Corp Por", 260, 9032, false, Reagent.Bloodmoss, Reagent.BlackPearl, Reagent.MandrakeRoot, Reagent.Nightshade); public EnergyVortexSpell(Mobile caster, Item scroll) : base(caster, scroll, m_Info) { }

In SpellInfo, you see the name of the spell and the magic words spoken when it is cast. Edit the name there to whatever you want it to be and it should change every reference.
private static readonly SpellInfo m_Info = new SpellInfo(
"Energy Vortex", "Vas Corp Por",
I tried renaming the script above, but it's still marked as Energy Voltex in the magic book..

This actually is a CUO edit since the values are hard coded in which is one of the difficulties with creating custom spell systems since a large amount of what you need to do is client side.

You can look at SpellsMagery.cs as follows:
C#:
{
                    new SpellDefinition
                    (
                        "Energy Vortex",
                        0x1B91,
                        "Vas Corp Por",
                        TargetType.Neutral,
                        Reagents.BlackPearl,
                        Reagents.Bloodmoss,
                        Reagents.MandrakeRoot,
                        Reagents.Nightshade
                    )
                },

Sorry. I couldn't figure it out.
It's okay. Thank you for your effort
This actually is a CUO edit since the values are hard coded in which is one of the difficulties with creating custom spell systems since a large amount of what you need to do is client side.

You can look at SpellsMagery.cs as follows:
C#:
{
                    new SpellDefinition
                    (
                        "Energy Vortex",
                        0x1B91,
                        "Vas Corp Por",
                        TargetType.Neutral,
                        Reagents.BlackPearl,
                        Reagents.Bloodmoss,
                        Reagents.MandrakeRoot,
                        Reagents.Nightshade
                    )
                },
Thank you for your answer How can I open this, edit it, modify it and apply it?

Last edited:
You can find this in the ClassicUO source found here. You can simply change the first string and it should work fine as below but keep in mind you will have to redistribute your custom build so players can see what changes you make.

C#:
{
    new SpellDefinition
    (
        "Vortex",
        0x1B91,
        "Vas Corp Por",
        TargetType.Neutral,
        Reagents.BlackPearl,
        Reagents.Bloodmoss,
        Reagents.MandrakeRoot,
        Reagents.Nightshade
    )
},

vortex.PNG

You can find this in the ClassicUO source found here. You can simply change the first string and it should work fine as below but keep in mind you will have to redistribute your custom build so players can see what changes you make.

C#:
{
    new SpellDefinition
    (
        "Vortex",
        0x1B91,
        "Vas Corp Por",
        TargetType.Neutral,
        Reagents.BlackPearl,
        Reagents.Bloodmoss,
        Reagents.MandrakeRoot,
        Reagents.Nightshade
    )
},

View attachment 21949
I really don't know where to put the Classic UO-main folder and how to apply it. I've been searching and searching, but I couldn't find the answer. Could you spare me a little more time? Could you tell me in more detail? I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge...

You'll need to clone the ClassicUO repo following the instructions on their github page as follows. If you don't have git - you should install it since this will save you a lot of headaches in the future once you learn version control (couple 10minute youtube videos will get you up to speed). You'll need it when working with the client source since doing a recursive clone will pull the dependency libraries you'll need to build the client.
Clone repository with:

git config --global url."https://".insteadOf git://
git clone --recursive GitHub - ClassicUO/ClassicUO: ClassicUO - an open source implementation of the Ultima Online Classic Client.

Build the project:

dotnet build -c Release

Once you can successfully build the client by following the above, then you can simply navigate to SpellsMagery.cs and edit/build it per the above. You'll most likely notice a purple border like the below. That means you'll need to switch your VS/Rider build configuration to release. Alternatively, if it's only a couple client side edits contact me on discord on 'outkome' and I can assist further or setup a branch/build for you.
vortex.PNG

You'll need to clone the ClassicUO repo following the instructions on their github page as follows. If you don't have git - you should install it since this will save you a lot of headaches in the future once you learn version control (couple 10minute youtube videos will get you up to speed). You'll need it when working with the client source since doing a recursive clone will pull the dependency libraries you'll need to build the client.

Once you can successfully build the client by following the above, then you can simply navigate to SpellsMagery.cs and edit/build it per the above. You'll most likely notice a purple border like the below. That means you'll need to switch your VS/Rider build configuration to release. Alternatively, if it's only a couple client side edits contact me on discord on 'outkome' and I can assist further or setup a branch/build for you.
View attachment 21952
I thought it was a success, but I've tried it all night and failed to build. After installing the git program, it was successful to download the command to the ClassicUo client by entering the command in cmd. In cmd, if you specify the ClassicUo folder and enter dotnet build -c release, the following error appears

C:\Ultima Online Classic\ClassicUO>cd C:\ServUO\ClassicUO

C:\ServUO\ClassicUO>dotnet build -c Release
MSBuild version 17.6.3+07e294721 for .NET
Determining projects to restore...
Restored C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\external\FNA\FNA.Core.csproj (in 1.13 sec).
Restored C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\external\MP3Sharp\MP3Sharp\MP3Sharp.csproj (in 1.13 sec).
Restored C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Utility\ClassicUO.Utility.csproj (in 1.14 sec).
Restored C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.IO\ClassicUO.IO.csproj (in 1.14 sec).
Restored C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Assets\ClassicUO.Assets.csproj (in 1.14 sec).
Restored C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Renderer\ClassicUO.Renderer.csproj (in 1.14 sec).
Restored C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\ClassicUO.Client.csproj (in 1.14 sec).
Loaded property overrides from 'C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\FNA.Settings.props'
Loaded property overrides from 'C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\FNA.Settings.props'
MP3Sharp -> C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\external\MP3Sharp\MP3Sharp\bin\x64\Release\net40\MP3Sharp.dll
MP3Sharp -> C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\external\MP3Sharp\MP3Sharp\bin\x64\Release\netstandard2.0\MP3Sharp.dll
FNA.Core -> C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\external\FNA\bin\x64\Release\net40\FNA.dll
FNA.Core -> C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\external\FNA\bin\x64\Release\netstandard2.0\FNA.dll
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Utility\MathHelper.cs(66,20): warning CS0675: Bitwise-or operator used on a sign-exte
nded operand; consider casting to a smaller unsigned type first [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Utility\ClassicUO.Ut
ility.csproj]
ClassicUO.Utility -> C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\bin\Release\ClassicUO.Utility.dll
ClassicUO.IO -> C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\bin\Release\ClassicUO.IO.dll
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Renderer\Camera.cs(189,25): warning CS0219: The variable 'SMOOTHING_FACTOR' is assign
ed but its value is never used [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Renderer\ClassicUO.Renderer.csproj]
ClassicUO.Renderer -> C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\bin\Release\ClassicUO.Renderer.dll
ClassicUO.Assets -> C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\bin\Release\ClassicUO.Assets.dll
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Game\GameObjects\MobileAnimation.cs(998,17): warning CS0162: Unreachable code
detected [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\ClassicUO.Client.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Game\UI\Gumps\TipNoticeGump.cs(43,33): warning CS0169: The field 'TipNoticeGum
p._prev' is never used [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\ClassicUO.Client.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Game\UI\Gumps\TipNoticeGump.cs(43,40): warning CS0169: The field 'TipNoticeGum
p._next' is never used [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\ClassicUO.Client.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Game\UoAssist.cs(102,26): warning CS0649: Field 'UoAssist.CustomWindow.m_dispo
sed' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value false [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Class
icUO.Client.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Network\Encryption\TwofishBehaviour.cs(577,37): warning CS0414: The field 'Two
fishBase.MIN_KEY_BITS' is assigned but its value is never used [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\ClassicUO.Clie
nt.csproj]
ClassicUO.Client -> C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\bin\Release\ClassicUO.exe

Build succeeded.

C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Utility\MathHelper.cs(66,20): warning CS0675: Bitwise-or operator used on a sign-exte
nded operand; consider casting to a smaller unsigned type first [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Utility\ClassicUO.Ut
ility.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Renderer\Camera.cs(189,25): warning CS0219: The variable 'SMOOTHING_FACTOR' is assign
ed but its value is never used [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Renderer\ClassicUO.Renderer.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Game\GameObjects\MobileAnimation.cs(998,17): warning CS0162: Unreachable code
detected [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\ClassicUO.Client.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Game\UI\Gumps\TipNoticeGump.cs(43,33): warning CS0169: The field 'TipNoticeGum
p._prev' is never used [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\ClassicUO.Client.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Game\UI\Gumps\TipNoticeGump.cs(43,40): warning CS0169: The field 'TipNoticeGum
p._next' is never used [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\ClassicUO.Client.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Game\UoAssist.cs(102,26): warning CS0649: Field 'UoAssist.CustomWindow.m_dispo
sed' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value false [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Class
icUO.Client.csproj]
C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\Network\Encryption\TwofishBehaviour.cs(577,37): warning CS0414: The field 'Two
fishBase.MIN_KEY_BITS' is assigned but its value is never used [C:\ServUO\ClassicUO\src\ClassicUO.Client\ClassicUO.Clie
nt.csproj]
7 Warning(s)
0 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:09.16
How can we solve this problem... I'm sorry every time..

Back