You may have to look several places, and there are sometimes multiple places that can put a cap on a skill or stat. To start, in PlayerMobile.cs, you should see something like this for STR, INT, and DEX:

Code:
     [CommandProperty(AccessLevel.GameMaster)]
     public override int Str
     {
       get
       {
         if (Core.ML && IsPlayer())
         {
           return Math.Min(base.Str, 150);
         }

return base.Str;
       }
       set { base.Str = value; }
     }

What this means is that whatever your STR is, this code will return the LOWER of your Base value or 150, effectively capping it at 150.

Next, your TOTAL Stat Cap might be hard coded into the Server with the Mobile.cs file. Look for something like this:

Code:
m_StatCap = 225;

Skills are sometimes capped using CharacterCreation.cs, although the default cap is not set there. The default is again in your Server core files, in Skills.cs, where you find something like this:

Code:
     public Skills(Mobile owner)
     {
       m_Owner = owner;
       m_Cap = 7000;

var info = SkillInfo.Table;

m_Skills = new Skill[info.Length];
     }

Be careful, however, that if you make changes here you don't forget to look elsewhere in your Scripts files for places where it may overwrite any changes you make. For example, in RewardSystem.cs, you might see this code which might get triggered anytime someone logs in to the shard:

Code:
e.Mobile.SkillsCap = 7000;

ok lokai, i changed the spots for stat cap where u said to and still stuck at 225, been tryin to change overall to 6000 so they can go up to 2000 in str,dex, and int

i did that, had one of my players make a new char to test and still at 225, along with skills cap still bein at 7000

I found this information for character creation which might also help

i added this newChar.StatCap = 275; under newChar.Hunger =20; like so in CharacterCreation.cs
Code:
newChar.Hunger = 20;
newChar.Skills.Cap = 8400;
newChar.StatCap = 275;

and made a change in SkillCheck.cs from max 125 to 275 like so.
Code:
{
case Stat.Str: return ( from.StrLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawStr < 275 );
case Stat.Dex: return ( from.DexLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawDex < 275 );
case Stat.Int: return ( from.IntLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawInt < 275 );
}

that did it, thank you =] been tryin to fix that for ages now, now only if i can get my spells to work right

Wow so many places to affect the same setting seems a bit... of a pain in the ass. Please tell me there are reason for all of the different spots, or are they just leftovers from a mod or moving things around?

Wow so many places to affect the same setting seems a bit... of a pain in the ass. Please tell me there are reason for all of the different spots, or are they just leftovers from a mod or moving things around?

The developers decided to not code a "MaxTotalStat", "MaxBaseStat", etc. I have never been sure exactly why. If you wanted to do that you could probably do it, and put it in Mobile.cs. Then, go through the code and replace hard-coded references like 225 etc. with the appropriate constant value.

It actually sounds like a worthwhile endeavor, but I have yet to read through any significant amount of code really. I'll definitely add it to my list of curiosities to watch for as I search through it though. :) TY for the info.

Back