It's like 5am and no sleep. Can anyone help with this one.

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 6231.7636
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 2/23/2018 2:26:36 PM
Mobiles: 18
Items: 183
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Joeku.SR.SR_Load.ReadData(String filePath)
at Joeku.SR.SR_Main.Initialize()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method) in C:\Users\Demented\Downloads\ServUOREPACK\ServUOREPACk\Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 671
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Demented\Downloads\ServUOREPACK\ServUOREPACk\Server\Main.cs:line 547

Clients:
- Count: 0

It's a fresh install, a couple random edits here or there, but i did just transfer it over from another PC. Could that have caused it?
There are no players on the server, do I just need to download accounts.xml and replace/restart?

Thank you for taking the time to help!!! much appriciated!
[doublepost=1519410969][/doublepost]can someone teach me how to read these errors, because I cant make heads or tails of witch error it throws that is the root problem.... lol these are so confusing I always wind up posting, and to save everyones time it would be helpful to know how to examine them better.

This is the fatal error

Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

Then it shows you in each class what Method had issues because of the error above

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

It's not always easy to tell what the exact problem is. But if it's a crash you can easily repeat, run the server in debug mode and that will tell you actual line # of code in each method where there is an issue.

Thank you so much!!!! I will have to study up on this. I am still new to c# and coding in general, always happy to learn more :)
[doublepost=1519415752][/doublepost]Thanks again both of yea, Server back up and online! I appreciate it a lot.
[doublepost=1519416575][/doublepost]Okay so something I have never done before, I moved the server to an actual server PC.
How do I connect within my own wifi / ethernet network to the server? Both PCs are hard lined in.

Port is set : YES
Tried local host 127.0.0.1 : YES
Tried my IP : YES
Server reflects the correct information: YES

However when I attempt to log into it on my main PC it freezes at account loggin.

It's a fresh install, a couple random edits here or there, but i did just transfer it over from another PC. Could that have caused it?
There are no players on the server, do I just need to download accounts.xml and replace/restart?

Thank you for taking the time to help!!! much appriciated!
[doublepost=1519410969][/doublepost]can someone teach me how to read these errors, because I cant make heads or tails of witch error it throws that is the root problem.... lol these are so confusing I always wind up posting, and to save everyones time it would be helpful to know how to examine them better.

Many times when you transfer files from another PC, you get corruption because it transfers bits and pieces from the old machine, like permissions and paths. The best way to avoid this is to make sure you Zip the folders with 7-Zip. Don't just copy the folders and files over manually like on a USB stick. Transfer the Zip. Sometimes if you did copy files, you need to go to the properties of the folder, take ownership if you don't have it, and apply fresh permissions to every file.

I will try this. Thank you!
[doublepost=1519446461][/doublepost]Okay so , my friend can connect. However I am still unable.
should I be using my IP of the server OR 127.0.0.1?
[doublepost=1519452053][/doublepost]Okay I found the root of the problem..... I was using the wrong IP....

FOR THOSE WHO EXPERIENCE THIS ISSUE AND FIND THIS THREAD!!!!!!
The issue was that the IP you need from within your own network is the routers IP assigned to the PC its on.

in my network we use 10.0.0.xx I have to enter that into razor to connect to the PC where the server is hosted.

Back