Server Features:
45 More Tamables ranging from custom monsters and ones you previously could not tame like a shadow wyrm or Frost Dragons!
16,000 Max Skills Total
130 Per Skill Max
8x Skill Gain
400 Stat Total
Faster Stat Gain
Felluca Ruleset everywhere meaning Trammel, Malas, etc...
Several custom hidden monsters with one of a kind unique items, some of them are even tamable!
No power scrolls are needed
New players start with a 7x skill ball
Server is still in testing so we are adding new creatures, tamables, and balancing constantly

Make a help request in game and you will be given a bonded mercenary to help you in your journey!

Server Info:
Forums: http://immortaluo.freeforums.org/
IP Address: 71.195.122.83
Port: 2593

Last edited:
Great to see new shards opening! Just a few pointers from a player's perspective (I don't really have much experience as a GM yet :) ):

Players that join a Felucca-only shard typically want it to stay that way. Introducing a consensual PvP ruleset may upset your established player base more than it would attract new players. So try to make a decision now and stick to it. Perhaps give players a way to "opt-out" of PvP within the non-consensual ruleset.

Way back pre-T2A there was a Chaos and Order system whereby you could get a Chaos Shield from a Chaos Guard outside of Lord Blackthorn's castle, or an Order Shield from an Order Guard outside Lord British's castle. By wearing one of these shields you could freely attack someone wearing the other shield without notoriety loss. The shield would explode after death. This was not a perfect system for many reasons:
  1. It prevented spellcasting, potion use, ranged, and two-handed weapons during "honorable" PvP combat due to the requirement to wear a shield.
  2. It did not allow true open-world combat, as there were essentially two "teams", and you could not attack a member of the same team without notoriety loss.
  3. The system was only open to Lords and Ladies, I.E. blues with the highest level of notoriety, manly folks that killed Ogre Lords down in Wrong.
  4. After death notoriety was lost and so was the shield, so you could not re-enter "honorable" combat until you went and farmed a few Ogre Lords with blade spirits and hit up another Order or Chaos guard for a shield.
  5. You could switch "teams" on a whim by simply recalling to the appropriate castle and getting a new shield.
I'm on a nostalgia rant today. Don't mind me :)

Oh, the other bit of advise: power scrolls are the mid-game character progression for modern UO, with artifact equipment being the end-game. Removing power scrolls essentially removes one tier of progression. Might want to think about whether or not you want to do that. If you do, ask yourself if you really want to leave in the early-game progression (gaining skills from 0-100, stats, equipment through non-max imbuing). If not, give players skill and stat balls. If you want to remove progression all together, supply kits of artifacts or a way to purchase any artifact you want through gold / points / whatever.

The point is, think about what you are doing to your shard's player progression and be intentional about it.

Launching with PvP, then making it optional at a later point is almost guaranteed to anger the current population and make pure PvP'ers rage-quit.
The same is true on the other hand, starting with optional PvP then removing it later will anger the PvM crowd.

I've seen it happen to at least 3 shards, unfortunately including my own.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions :) The server is in testing right now and things will be changing, but since the main point of the two posts is about needing to pick PvP or PvM because of how players will react if I change it. I will be keeping it as it currently is. PvP all the way :)

As for progression I want it to be fast, not instant. People can instantly have 7x GM but they still need to go from 100-130, raise stats, and obtain gear. Obtaining stats and skills is accelerated by a good amount so you could be PvP ready in a couple days depending on how much they play.

Back