Looked everywhere and cant find where to make the change to max weight in the player backpack. its maxed out to 550 stones. is there even a way to modify this? or is it in some binary file that I cant edit?
Post automatically merged:

ALSO I'm using the latest version of ServUO and the latest UO client. All default settings. I hope this helps me get a reply! Please tell me if I need to modify CORE files or something I will learn how! just tell me how to start. Im lost

I've come up with a solution but I cant get it to work...

So as the server owner I can violate the 550 stone cap on what I can have in my back pack.

How can I set that property to allow players with accesslevel.Player to have that same ability? I've tried changing it in container.cs (gamemaster to player) but it does nothing.

sorry for bump.

Last edited:
In Server/Container.cs (which is part of the Core) you will find around line 1632:

C#:
        private static int m_GlobalMaxItems = 125;
        private static int m_GlobalMaxWeight = 400;

In Server/Container.cs (which is part of the Core) you will find around line 1632:

C#:
        private static int m_GlobalMaxItems = 125;
        private static int m_GlobalMaxWeight = 400;

Yes I found that and modified it already... For some reason "m_GlobalMaxWeight" doesn't apply to player backpack only everything else.

Did you already try editing line 460 in Scripts/Items/Containers/Container.cs ?

C#:
        public override int DefaultMaxWeight
        {
            get
            {
                if (Core.ML)
                {
                    Mobile m = ParentEntity as Mobile;
                    if (m != null && m.Player && m.Backpack == this)
                    {
                        return 550; // <<< THIS ONE
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        return base.DefaultMaxWeight;
                    }
                }
                else
                {
                    return base.DefaultMaxWeight;
                }
            }

Did you already try editing line 460 in Scripts/Items/Containers/Container.cs ?

No! I didn't I'll go fiddle with it! For some reason I thought about searching the file for 550 multiple times but I thought why would it contain 550? I thought the max carry weight changed with str but just shows what I know. Thanks man.

Edit actually I dont see it in there at all? Did you make that code? I'll try adding it after that line!

OOPS sorry again!!!!!!!!!! I was looking at the wrong container.cs file. There are two I didn't check the path. THANK YOU THE CODE IS THERE!!! I WILL TRY NOW

Ok so I noticed that once I change 550 the max weight I can carry on player the global max items and weight will no longer respond to changes in the other container.cs file. SO only solution I can think of is set the max weight and max items global setting to exactly how I want it before editing the max weight a player can hold... This is the only way. This sucks I wish it didn't lock in after changing max player weight.

actually the global max weight and items wont change again after I set it to 5000/1000000. its not the max player weight doing it. this is weird because I could change it before.

Last edited:
Back