Greetings,

I'm sure most of you ahve noticed that tamed animals tend to lag behind when you run while having them follow you. I've read numerous opinions on speed, and I know it has to do with max stamina, but even at full stamina animals still can't keep up with a running player.

Is there a way to increase the speed of tamed animals so you no longer can loose them while running cross country? I'd like a pet chicken to follow me around while i adventure but i keep loosing the poor fellow.

Is speed dependent on the type of tamable? OR is it global? I notice Speedinfo.cs ; would i have to change the speed of "chickens" there?

Since you are an Odyssey player, I can tell you some things I do that may lead you to your goal. In BaseCreature.cs on line 7887, there is a function for OnThink that checks to see if the ControlMaster is mounted or running faster than normal (Syth speed spell for example). If this is true, the henchman either mounts a horse or (if they are not a human body) they just simply run as fast as you on a horse so they can keep up.

So I wonder what if you add some stuff there to check for creatures other than henchman and maybe just tamed creatures in general...or controlled creatures so summons keep up with you?

This will lead you to HenchmanFunctions.cs to about line 80.

@Finaltwist with using Odyssey (not the same as ServUO) :) you should post any changes which you would like there or at least inform in your post the server your using.

Back