Initiating [DocGen crashes server. This happens before and after installing VNc. Error stays the same:

Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 6336.17746
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 5/16/2017 1:20:31 AM
Mobiles: 3788
Items: 116356
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Engines.BulkOrders.RewardCalculator.LookupRewards(Int32 points)
at Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallSmithBOD.ComputeRewards(Boolean full)
at Server.Commands.Docs.DocumentBulkOrders()
at Server.Commands.Docs.Document()
at Server.Commands.Docs.DocGen_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Commands.cs:line 264
at VitaNex.Commands.MyCommandsGump.SelectEntry(GumpButton button, CommandEntry entry)
at VitaNex.SuperGumps.SuperGump.HandleButtonClick(GumpButton button)
at VitaNex.SuperGumps.SuperGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1461
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 187
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 587

If you are using the latest ServUO with the new BOD system, it will crash every time. Docs.cs isn't set up with the new BODs, just the original 2. It needs all of the new BODs w/ rewards added in to work.

Years ago a cool dood named dat99 posted something about this after releasing some popular systems....

Checking my notes I see this:

8. When I use the [docgen command my shard crash, what can I do?

• There isn't a permenant fix for the [docgen crash at this time because I don't have the time to look into it and found a good fix.
    There is a small workaround that you can do as follows:

• If you REALY need the [docgen then you can replace this line in the docs.cs file:

• rewards[16 + CraftResources.GetIndex( rkit.Resource )] = true;
      with this line:

• try { rewards[16 + CraftResources.GetIndex( rkit.Resource )] = true; } catch {}

This comes from his old webpage located here:
http://www.daat99.byethost16.com/

Hope this is some help.

Back