ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Hi all,

Just looking for an app or tool to view current art work in the client files, insideUO 'was' the one to use so just wondering if theres anything newer or more up to date now ???

Thanks in advance ;)

Hi all,

Just looking for an app or tool to view current art work in the client files, insideUO 'was' the one to use so just wondering if theres anything newer or more up to date now ???

Thanks in advance ;)
Hey! I remember InsideUO!! I think most people are using UOFiddler now: UO Fiddler
I've noticed it doesn't seem to work as well as Inside UO and you have to convert your UOP files to MUL files.

That is not the exact answer. The latest UO Fiddler can read .uop file format. And this fully replaces the old InsideUO. It's even better than InsideUO. Otherwise, of course, a lot of old programs also work.

That is not the exact answer. The latest UO Fiddler can read .uop file format. And this fully replaces the old InsideUO. It's even better than InsideUO. Otherwise, of course, a lot of old programs also work.
Really?? If it can, it did not work for me. At all... It loaded sure, then threw an exception and crashed... until I changed to Mul files.

So... sure if the OP got it to work with UOP files, great. If not then he's got all the info needed to get the MULs going without having to ask another question and wait a week for an answer. :)

And... as a counter argument to 'working better than InsideUO' Fiddler does have more features than InsideUO, but more features does not mean all the features work better. FOr instance... the Sound IDs are off in fiddler... and gumps are missing because it doesnt read past a certain number.

Of course I may have something installed wrong... but ya know... I asked around on how to do it... a few months ago... still haven't gotten an answer to that either, and the info that is out there is outdated. So I'm using what I have. :)

Last edited:
It is also important for which version of Ultima Online you want UO Fiddler to use. If for a very old like Lbr, AOS and older, you will surely appreciate InsideUO more. But if for the newer, I would say that UO Fiddler will be a more suitable program. I'm surprised that it doesn't load you uop. There is a direct setting on the uop file format. Gumpy's not missing, I haven't encountered it. And this is the first time I've heard the boundaries of item IDs. I rather think you're missing something, but I don't know what. Some bad operating system settings. Hard to say. Maybe try to ask AsYlum, which creates this program.

Honestly I would like to see a doc on how to set up Fiddler with the latest client. The fiddler I have ( I think it's the current one) shows "Paths for MUL files" and I have the UOP Packer plugin.

Nothing I have tried or tutorials I have found have been able to get Fiddler to use native UOPs. Every single post I have seen just says to convert to MULs.

This is from the perspective of a returning user desperately trying to get ahold of any and all information, and tirelessly weeding through thousands of outdated forum posts. Unfortunately asking on forums, seldom returns results. SOmetimes there will be a kind soul that will help, but not often...

I'm the kind of person that will spend a few hours combing existing info before I ask a question... I mean who am I to demand an answer?

Maybe you guys that have been at this for a while just don't see how challenging it is for new people to get up and running, but I am not the only one going through using Fiddler and missing all kinds of files. I open GumpStudio and it shows hundreds of Gumps that are not viewable on Fiddler... and they are pointed at the same MUL files. **SHRUGS**

GumpStudio is a very old program I wouldn't rely on. And I admit, I don't use it. It is not stable. However, UO Fiddler latest version can load uop directly from settings. See picture:

The best way to find information about the UO Fiddler program is with the author. At UOFiddler -

Attachments

• uofiddler.png
    uofiddler.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
If anyone should need assistance with Fiddler, I have a very easy to use set of batch files that convert UOP to MUL and back again that will make viewing new art as it comes out very easy.

GumpStudio is a very old program I wouldn't rely on. And I admit, I don't use it. It is not stable. However, UO Fiddler latest version can load uop directly from settings. See picture:

The best way to find information about the UO Fiddler program is with the author. At UOFiddler -
True. Still missing data though.

For example... my Item data ends at 0x3FFE. However there are many many more items after that. There are still gumps that are showing up in Gump Studio (old or not, and I agree it is very unstable) that are not showing in Fiddler.

As a side not I am using the newest version, and I tried the newest experimental version and I'm getting the same thing.

Seems there is an XML way to add missing anims and multis... but not items or gumps. Is there maybe something not obvious that can do this?

Last edited:
What version of UO fiddler do you use and what version of Ultima Online? It seems to me that you have it damaged somewhere. Either the operating system or these two installation programs. This is how UO Fiddler should not behave as you describe it. On the contrary, it should show everything.

Anyone knows how to open the .grn files from UO 3D third dawn client? I trying to open in Blender software to remodalating the ostards to look more like the original concept from ultima online 2d, I wish to make them with that little horns and a more long tails with animation...But can't open this .grn files or convert them to .obj, or even cant find programs or support to do this, anyone could help please?

Anyone knows how to open the .grn files from UO 3D third dawn client? I trying to open in Blender software to remodalating the ostards to look more like the original concept from ultima online 2d, I wish to make them with that little horns and a more long tails with animation...But can't open this .grn files or convert them to .obj, or even cant find programs or support to do this, anyone could help please?
I don't want to discourage you as I know you love TD, but I will share that over 20 years, I have never seen anything related, TD was never a focus of anyone that I can remember, never seen any programs to work on it etc etc, the closest I've seen is Iris but that is only in sharing the 3D tag, otherwise it wasn't the same as TD!

The issue is the granny format (.grn) there is a .gr2 converter, not sure if that can handle .grn files but I too never found anything to convert the granny files.

Back