To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No where done with it yet, Now it's a question of how long it's going to take to write up the How:to guide *head-slap*. I never wrote anything down, It's all stuck in my last marble

Pretty much just writing up a how-to guide and Basic template, from the example above. Who knows, it may become a new standard for ALL. It will take me a couple of more days to finish getting everything written up, maybe some more videos. A beginners guide and an more advanced guide for all users. I'll post more as I finish them.

Starter Pack (Documentation) packed in a zip file. Will post more if I am able. For you advance programmers, You'll see what xml's had to be "Hard-coded" to make everything work correctly.

Attachments

• BUILDING A CUSTOM CLIENT AND INSTALLER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Basic file structure (IS needed and not needed) per above files.

Attachments

• ULTIMA ONLINE OVERVIEW.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
The fastest way to set all this up, before ripping it all apart again is: Create a new folder inside your "current" client for your shard. Name it whatever you want. Install or re-install all your apps into that new directory. Open each application and adjust settings and windows positions and anything else you want. This will save you many many many hours then doing it by hand like I did. Once you have all your settings in place. Make a 2nd copy of your shard game directory, extract or export all your registry keys for ALL applications, Make a copy and or backup of all your C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Roaming folders ie; Pandora's box, Razor, UOSteam etc etc. everything in every location for all these files are the key to it all. If you download and looked at the lua code used. Then you will see why. As far as programming the actual installer or global installer, is the fs redirection and reflection for VISTA, Win7 and Win8.. Vista fs redirection was barely initiated, can easily be bypassed. Win7 was marginally used, some work around(s) are required. Win8 Enforces fs re-deflection so for all testing purposes use (Right-click run as admin) as this auto controls the fs redirection and reflection since it has admin rights. As far a the UAC, since it's hard coded in the windows kernel, the only two options to bypass it are 1. request users to lower or turn off their UAC or 2. Create a basic "Task Scheduler" to bypass the UAC like IObit Uninstaller and CCleaner use in the distros. Notepad ++ used in the video was from the .ZIP.tar package at the bottom of their homepage.

Back